Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 10:48 AM

I hope alarm bells shouldn't be ringing!

Just had to phone breeder, to raise some important issues.

1. I didn't get a receipt for the full amount paid. He said he'll arrange that.
2. Her chip hasn't been registered with Petlog! Which the implanter (vet) was supposed to have done, and he said his wife sat there and did the changeover while I was there. Well, I've got a message on screen saying the ID is associated with them but not yet registered, and I actually spoke to an adviser! She told me to get back to the breeder. He was perplexed at the news. Yes, me too. So I emailed him a screenshot of their message and then texted him.
3. And he thinks it is normal for her to be still a bit squitty when pooing, ie no full solids just yet.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 12:08 PM

Re: I hope alarm bells shouldn't be ringing!

That does sound strange Jazzi, not registered with Petlog.
As for the pooing that probably is normal. I've never owned a puppy so wouldn't really know.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 12:27 PM

Jazzi, Would it be the change of water that is affecting Holly?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 12:36 PM

I wonder Art. Essex usually has softer water than us, but sometimes I give her filtered water.

On Google now, having a read up. I will ask at puppy class tonight as I think it is run by a vet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 12:38 PM

Glad you are getting the paperwork sorted Jazzi. That does sound strange.
I believe there are 5 or 6 Microchip companies, not only Pet Log do this. Are they sure it was Pet Log?

Sorry, but I would definitely say if Holly is still loose, something is not right.
Personally, now I would not hesitate to get a poo sample analysed at my vets pretty quick. This has gone on long enough and being so tiny, they can soon dehydrate.
I didn't agree with the breeder saying leave it 36 hrs in the first place.

My friend bought a GSD pup like this. Turned out he had a meat allergy!
If it isn't Giardia or worms, I would guess the food he had her on doesn't suit her.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 12:44 PM

Deleted after reading Mups post ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 12:57 PM

Eliza, this is a tiny 8 weeks old puppy, and sorry, but I don't agree that still having the runs is normal. Dehydration can occur quicker than in an adult. She needs nourishment for her crucial growing phase - again an adult has finished growing.
Sorry, but I also don't see how your vet could sfely diagnose the cause of bleeding from the rectum over the phone either!

I bred pups from around 1984 till around 2014, and wouldn't expect to see any of mine with the runs for several days like this.
I would definitely get her checked over now, and take a sample with me.
There might well be nothing much wrong, but I would rather be certain and put my mind at rest.

Jazzi, with a more mature dog they say starve them for 24 hrs (give water), then introduce small amounts of cooked chicken little and often. You can mix this with small amounts of cooked rice for her too.

Are you giving her undiluted cows milk on cerials by any chance? That doesn't suit some pups at all. Just a thought.

Onen last thing - I hope it doesn't come to this of course, but IF she was poorly and you wanted to return her to the breeder, you would do best to have veterinary evidence as back up, not just opinions from friends.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

30-11-2017, 01:14 PM

No, she is not having anything else apart from that dried fod, and she is drinking well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-11-2017, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No, she is not having anything else apart from that dried fod, and she is drinking well.

My guess is, if it not not worms, it is that particular brand of dry food, but hard to say without knowing her.

I'm sorry Jazzi, I didn't wish to alarm you I promise, but you have to be so careful with one so very young. Very young, and very old, can both go downhill so quickly, exactly the same as in human young and elderly.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

30-11-2017, 05:45 PM

Just a thought. I told a fib. She has had a few treats (chicken and cheese flavour) but only when training, and most times I use her Beta kibble, and for a couple of days I have used a Pets at Home peanut butter in her kong, but once a day and very little.

The loose stool has really persisted since bringing her home. I told her to 'go poo' earlier, because I wanted the bathroom. Came out and yes, she had pood. But when I let her out later, she did it again on the flipping dust sheet. So again, it was on my hands and knees scrubbing it clean, over a piece of cardboard.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top