Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 01:51 AM

Warning - Extreme Cruelty

Yet another example of man's extreme cruelty and revolting, money grabbing ways.
Racing Greyhounds that have finished their useful life for the greedy trainers and owners. So much for the racing industry!

Thousands of these dogs from England and Ireland, are sent to China - for the meat trade.

Quote: "These greyhounds are being worked to the bone, abused, and then killed for meat in a scandal which shames British trainers.
They are strung up to be weighed, hosed down with scalding water, then boiled alive."

Others are fed live, to big cats in Wildlife Parks.

A British lady, Kerry Elliman launched a mercy mission to try and save some of them. She says she has seen videos of these dogs being scaled and boiled alive, and heard them screaming. They have suffered a 40 hour journey in terrible conditions first.

If you can bear it, you can read about Kerry's campaign at:

www.birminghamgreyhoundprotection.org

Why are these vile excuses for humans allowed to do this to animals in this day and age?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 07:11 AM

Re: Warning - Extreme Cruelty

Because and I am certain someone's will jump on me for this most Chinese lack the gene that is responsible for kindness to animals .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:01 AM

I also blame the trainers here, and in Ireland Muddy, for shipping these dogs out there, they must be fully aware of their fate yet sell them anyway.
Despicable racing industry. As usual, all about money and human greed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:42 AM

That is just awful there is a lot of money in greyhound racing the people making the money should be made responsible for rehoming or keeping these dogs until they finish their lives in a natural way. If they can't assure that then ban racing. For me it's that simple. Especially as these dogs can make fabulous pets, lady near us has three they are so pampered and it's lovely seeing her less than 5 feet tall with these huge beautiful beasts by her side.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:48 AM

I'm not going to read the link Mups, too horrendous. It's about time dog racing itself was stopped.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-12-2017, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm not going to read the link Mups, too horrendous. It's about time dog racing itself was stopped.

Hiya dongles, the link itself is about the lady who is working her butt off to try and get as many of these dogs as she can, out of China.

I don't bame you for not wanting to read it, as there is a section on her website explaining the fate of these dogs, as I said in the first post.

Do all these people who bet on dogs have any clue what they are encouraging, each time they place a bet?
Does it ever enter their heads what happens to those dogs when they are no longer able to win lots of money?

This has also led me to wonder about the fate of ex-race horses too.
If they are destroyed in a quick nd humane way, I feel sad, but can live with that. It is they way these animals are treated until they die that sickens me.
What kind of mentality does it take to be able to boil a dog alive?
Very, very sick people, who I would be very afraid of.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree most definitely with that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-12-2017, 01:56 PM

I've just had a horrible thought.

I had a Chicken Chop Suey from the take-away on Saturday, and it surre didn't look or taste anything like chicken.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've just had a horrible thought.

I had a Chicken Chop Suey from the take-away on Saturday, and it surre didn't look or taste anything like chicken.
It has been known Mups.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yet another example of man's extreme cruelty and revolting, money grabbing ways.
Racing Greyhounds that have finished their useful life for the greedy trainers and owners. So much for the racing industry!

Thousands of these dogs from England and Ireland, are sent to China - for the meat trade.

Quote: "These greyhounds are being worked to the bone, abused, and then killed for meat in a scandal which shames British trainers.
They are strung up to be weighed, hosed down with scalding water, then boiled alive."

Others are fed live, to big cats in Wildlife Parks.

A British lady, Kerry Elliman launched a mercy mission to try and save some of them. She says she has seen videos of these dogs being scaled and boiled alive, and heard them screaming. They have suffered a 40 hour journey in terrible conditions first.

If you can bear it, you can read about Kerry's campaign at:

www.birminghamgreyhoundprotection.org

Why are these vile excuses for humans allowed to do this to animals in this day and age?
For people who cant feel that they can click on the link please do it a very uplifting site and should be supported..

They do have the story of a greyhound exported to China which is not a nice to read so don't click on that.

As I say the rest of the site is very uplifting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top