Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 03:38 PM

Re: David Gilmour: Live at Pompeii

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Superb. That animation they had showing in the background - I remember watching that on the Old Grey Whistle Test with whispering Bob Harris in 1971 when the Meddle album was released. As good now as it was then.
Some of the Floyd cover bands still show those old clips. That one, the ones from Dark Side Of The Moon (the clocks from 'Time', city gents from 'Us And Them', obviously the Gerald Scarfe animation from The Wall).
I don't know if you see bands much, Judd, but I thoroughly recommend The Australian Pink Floyd who put on a fantastic show each year at numerous venues around the UK. Touring in Nov-Dec 2018.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...XSquuHyjKPfrlg
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:35 PM

Good shout about Aussie Pink Floyd. We have seen them four times now, with the best of them at the Royal Albert Hall, where they had the full light and scenery show, which was amazing. Well worth going to one of their gigs
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 08:54 AM

I was really suprised to see and hear just how good Aussie Pink Floyd really are. There are a lot of subtleties in Pink Floyds music especialy Dave Gilmours string bending. They pull it off well.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 03:27 PM

Another thing I like about the Aussie Floyd is that they are not restricted to what they can play.
Whereas Gilmour and Waters will naturally only play Pink Floyd songs they respectively penned each, the cover band will play stuff right across the board.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 10:13 PM

Just watched it, very good, I guessed he would close with Comfortably Numb.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 10:31 PM

Was surprised to see a bloke and two birds doing the vocal on Great big gig in the Sky, worked well though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-12-2017, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just watched it, very good, I guessed he would close with Comfortably Numb.
As he always does. Probably Gilmour's finest moment.
Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Was surprised to see a bloke and two birds doing the vocal on Great big gig in the Sky, worked well though.
I believe one of the girls singing was on the Pink Floyd tour in 1987-88, and has also performed with the Aussie Floyd too.
I agree, a good voice from the bloke in the trio.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top