Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:10 PM

Gavin Williamson

The defence secretary has said, "British Isis fighters should be hunted down and killed." Blimey, surely a better solution to prevent their return into UK.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:34 PM

Re: Gavin Williamson

Sounds okay to me, a neat solution, but I can see one or two problems looming about the legality of it and how do you do it? Send out a horde of drones? Oops, too late.. we hadn't established that one was really a British Isis fighter.

When I read an article about it, this remark leapt to the eye.
It is legal and legitimate to kill them, as long as they are not injured or captured.
Until I read on and have since worn a bald patch scratching my head.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ary-not-simple
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The defence secretary has said, "British Isis fighters should be hunted down and killed." Blimey, surely a better solution to prevent their return into UK.
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Sounds okay to me, a neat solution, but I can see one or two problems looming about the legality of it and how do you do it? Send out a horde of drones? Oops, too late.. we hadn't established that one was really a British Isis fighter.

It is legal and legitimate to kill them, as long as they are not injured or captured.

You would thinks so. Preventing them coming back would be better than a drone taking them out as they sip their latte in Starbucks.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 11:35 AM

Isis fighters are no longer British. They are Isis and as such enemy combatants.

I like when a British Gov't minister can be this unequivocable. It let's the Isis fighters and the British public know exactly where we stand on the issue...... Good Work, Gavin.

The statement that troubles you is really quite simple.
If one of these enemies of the State are injured we are not permitted to then target them for death.
If one of these scumbag lousy maggots are in either our,or someone else's capture we , likewise, are not legally permitted to kill them. Although it is permissable to hope the Kurds, Syrian Army, Hezbollah or whoever else has captured them, will kill them.

The one thing we must NEVER do is allow them to take another breath on these shores.......simples!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 01:19 PM

I wonder how old Williamson is?

The trouble is there are very few men and women In Charge today who have any first hand knowledge of what real war is all about.

During the two World Wars traitors and deserters were shot.
There was no such thing as PTSD and there might have been grief/sorrow (colleagues and family naturally) but little compassion for men and women who simply couldn't cope, or who deliberately went to fight with the other side.

Now we tend to bend over backwards to understand the underlying problems of radicalisation and so on, but it doesn't stop the idiots who are already there learning their murderous ideologies and tactics, in readiness to bring them home...

Yes, of course some have eyes wide open now, and bitterly regret their choice, but how do we know which ones?

So the cold decision to eliminate them, men and women presumably, is a difficult one.

How do we go about it?
Line them up in front of a firing squad as in the old days?

And what of their children?

If we genuinely regard them all as traitors then laws bringing back the death penalty for traitors (is there such a thing anymore?). must be passed so that the situation is clear.

It might actually work well as a deterrent.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 01:02 PM

I do not believe, in any circumstances, that a person's rights should be permanently suspended on the grounds of political expediency. So, the last person I want to be recommending summary execution without trial is an unknown youngish Tory MP in his first prominent post looking for publicity to bolster his chances of a future leadership bid.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I do not believe, in any circumstances, that a person's rights should be permanently suspended on the grounds of political expediency. So, the last person I want to be recommending summary execution without trial is an unknown youngish Tory MP in his first prominent post looking for publicity to bolster his chances of a future leadership bid.
Spot on there.
Williamson is talking like a fascist but not unusual for Tories to think that way.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Spot on there.
Williamson is talking like a fascist but not unusual for Tories to think that way.

The scumbag 'nasty party' have been thinking like this for more than a century.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 02:11 PM

There's no hope for you is there UJ...or should that be hope for us.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 02:14 PM

There's no hope for you is there UJ...or should that be hope for us.

Not while I'm alive, no. I'm watching their every move!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top