Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 05:32 PM

Re: Incident at the vet office

Sorry to hear the loss of Rollie, its very heart breaking. When my Cat got run over, I rushed him to the Vets in my arms, and he went into a coma but died on the Vets table, I was totally heart broken and I stood there, shaking my Cat hoping that he would wake up and I cried and cried, it took me 6 weeks to get over it, so I know how you feel.

Hugs to you.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 06:39 PM

I understand how you feel LMB. I still have little Muffin´s very first toy, a multi coloured fluffy ball with a bell inside it. I won´t part with it, even ChoCho doesn´t have it, I keep it safe. I hope you can manage to resolve this, for your own peace of mind.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 08:27 PM

Thank you all for your comments. It's always good to get opinions from others not directly involved. Especially when the emotions are all over the place.

After thinking over it again with a clearer mind, I believe, at the very least, we are owed an apology that this was not taken care of as promised. In my mind, that equates to Rollie not being taken care of. That hurts.

I am waiting for a call back from the vet.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Grieving of a pet that is no longer with us only natural, and have done that many times. Worrying about a harness won't bring him back and only prolong the agony.
I agree.

I have always regarded myself as being rather hard-hearted. However, I cried when our first cat had to be put down at 7 years old and I cried again when our second cat was put down at age 21. I'd like to think that is natural for most of us.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I didn't cry when either my mother or my father died. I'm afraid I can't explain that.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 09:44 PM

I started reading this thread with anger building because you didn't get the service you expected, and I was ready to wade in

Then I read realspeeds post and I went , yes this is so right

I let my Gunnar be PTS in 2004. Gunnar was my dog, my baby, my everything

I tell my husband that his assisted passing was as he thought it would be. It wasn't.

I had to take Arthur to be PTS last year. Once again, the passing wasn't as easy as we are told

From my experience I'd just let this pass. We need to feel our beloved animals/friends/pets depart this world peacefully

TBH I'd turn a blind eye else ( I'm talking for me here! I'd be forever wondering and forever beating myself up, believing it was me that was wrong

I'm so sorry for your lose
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 10:03 PM

I received a call from the vet tech, and then spoke to the vet himself.
They had a meeting, and discussed what happened.
First, please understand that this is not so much about the harness - it's about Rollie not being taken care of as was promised.

My husband was told that the harness was probably cremated along with Rollie.
That thankfully is not what happened.
The vet tech removed the harness after we left, and put it in a bag, then placed it on a shelf for pickup.
They believe somebody unknowingly picked it up thinking it was garbage, and chucked it in the bin.
I can accept that. It's better than what we were originally told, and now I know he was looked after. That's what I needed to know.

Because of this incident, they are now going to label bags containing any collars, harnesses, clothes, etc.
I also spoke to the vet, who was very apologetic. He offered to reimburse us for the harness. I asked him to instead make a donation to the shelter in Rollie's memory.

RIP now my boy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I received a call from the vet tech, and then spoke to the vet himself.
They had a meeting, and discussed what happened.
First, please understand that this is not so much about the harness - it's about Rollie not being taken care of as was promised.

My husband was told that the harness was probably cremated along with Rollie.
That thankfully is not what happened.
The vet tech removed the harness after we left, and put it in a bag, then placed it on a shelf for pickup.
They believe somebody unknowingly picked it up thinking it was garbage, and chucked it in the bin.
I can accept that. It's better than what we were originally told, and now I know he was looked after. That's what I needed to know.

Because of this incident, they are now going to label bags containing any collars, harnesses, clothes, etc.
I also spoke to the vet, who was very apologetic. He offered to reimburse us for the harness. I asked him to instead make a donation to the shelter in Rollie's memory.

RIP now my boy.
Good news. A mutually acceptable outcome.

(And I'm sure vets can afford it!)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 01:26 AM

I can sympahtise and understand how you must have felt Jackie.
Most of us know how hard it is to lose a much loved pet, without any extra problems too.

Pity they didn't label clients belongings in the first place, or the person who chucked it could have checked the contents of the bag at least.

Anyway, I am glad you have sorted it, and I hope it puts your mind at rest now. Take care.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada

15-12-2017, 09:09 AM

Thanks JBR and Mups.
I do feel better about it all now.
I'm glad I made the call.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 09:20 AM

Good news that they did take the harness off, but bad news that they didn't do their job properly by labelling the items.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top