Join for free
Page 12 of 24 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2010, 09:01 PM

Re: The Toms are in

Originally Posted by nero ->
Why don't you erect a lean-to hot house like mine DM, . . it doesn't take up too much room.
LOL, Nero, me and DIY? I am a complete klutz at anything like that! Yard is 30 x 30 feet, most of it already taken up with shrubs, trees, plants and paving tiles. I'll just enjoy yours vicariously
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2010, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL, Nero, me and DIY? I am a complete klutz at anything like that! Yard is 30 x 30 feet, most of it already taken up with shrubs, trees, plants and paving tiles. I'll just enjoy yours vicariously

Slightly off topic but do you have allotments in the US???
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2010, 02:08 AM

Well, I'm only familiar with what we have here in Washington; suppose it may vary from state to state. There are several here in various quadrants of the City; the one nearest me has a horrendous waiting list; last time I checked it was about 3 years!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
No no, DM, . . don't DIY, . . get someone in to do the job, . . either that or get a ready made lean-to. . . . the one I've just built stand on slabs, . . the floor's easier to keep clean.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2010, 06:23 PM

As the actress said to the Bishop, . . . . I'm really sore today, . . . . . anyways, it's done, . . guess who did the christening honours, . . yeah, dirty boy Nero, . . . and the first two tennants have moved in, . . . one tom and a pepper, . . . I fitted the vent today and last night I was scratching my head as to what type of flashing I could get for the roof ends, . . then it came to me, . . a four inch plastic downpipe cut down the centre then screwed onto the sheeting's ends.

Vented.

And the flashing.

Roll on harvest time.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2010, 07:32 PM

salad days are on their way
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

11-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Looking good! Great job, you're going to have fun with that. Thanks for the pics.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

11-04-2010, 10:54 PM

Those of you with big allotments and 200+ seedings coming long will probably laugh at my posting this. But it's the beginning of my small back yard plot: two tomatoes, three chilis and two basils, all happy on the windowsill in their pots. The onions and potatoes will go in later. There is one more tomato that hasn't germinated yet.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2010, 10:47 AM

I`m not laughing DM-more applauding because the smallest back yard can be a garden.

Nero-it looks good-you will not regret that ventilation
nero
Central Scotland

12-04-2010, 05:05 PM

Another busy day doing finishing touches and tying up loose ends, . . serviced the wife's car today too, . . must get some of those seedlings potted up tomorrow, . . . the temp in the hothouse will have to be watched closely though, . . the sun was really hot today so I put up some blinds and the temp came down slowly to a reasonable level.

How close do you plant the toms, is it 15 or 20 inches ? . . . can I plant peppers in between them ? . . . . anyone tried growing melons ?

Page 12 of 24 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top