Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 12:15 PM

Re: Wills, Kate & brood on another 'freebe' jolly

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My prediction
Prince George will never be King
William will be the last King of the UK.
An interesting prediction muddy , why would George not continue the monarchy, a genuine question
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 12:48 PM

Because by the time his turn comes to inherit the time of monarchies will be past .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:19 PM

Don't bank on it. The monarchy was got rid of once by Cromwell having Charles 1st executed. As soon as Cromwell was despatched to his grave, Charles 1st's exiled son was invited back to reclaim the throne by those with vested interests and hangers on, the ancestors of those still living lives of privilege today.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:22 PM

Things are different now.
It's an empty ( but lucrative) title
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:26 PM

No different at all - still surrounded by lackies and pomp. All those with `royal` connections won't be best pleased and they will fight tool and nail to preserve the status quo.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No different at all - still surrounded by lackies and pomp. All those with `royal` connections won't be best pleased and they will fight tool and nail to preserve the status quo.

So we put a halt to the 'civil list' and encourage them to 'resign' voluntarily.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What a snobbish post .
Sink estate mom indeed .
(We don't say Mom here by the way very un U)
Why on earth should she not carry her, the child is not very old
IMO it is a delightful look
(and I am sure they are aware of that too.)
I agree with you there muddy I'd carry her too with all the media around I wouldn't trust them not to step on her. It also stops her running off and some sort of undignified scramble to get her back. She's only two and I think we all know two year olds aren't exactly to be trusted entirely not to embarrass us.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So we put a halt to the 'civil list' and encourage them to 'resign' voluntarily.

The civil list was abolished in 2012
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I don't believe we will need to do anything at all, the younger royals are wanting a normal up bringing for Charlotte and George for a reason, I have feeling they are preparing to step back from the title at some point anyway.

It's not a job they want and I don't blame them looking at what some people say about them
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't believe we will need to do anything at all, the younger royals are wanting a normal up bringing for Charlotte and George for a reason, I have feeling they are preparing to step back from the title at some point anyway.

It's not a job they want and I don't blame them looking at what some people say about them
They can't have a 'normal' bringing up Julie.
Normal upbringing my backside!
A normal bringing up is what the commoners have, and as the Royals are all born with silver spoons in their mouths, they will be alright Charlotte and George!
Lots of freebe holidays and a life of Riley and all for them!

No worrying about housing or where the next penny is going to come from for them as they fly off on their next jaunt!

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top