Join for free
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 11:31 PM

Two bedrooms done :)

We had cracks in 2 of our bedrooms that turned out to be caused by the trees out the front being planted too closely & us having had such a dry last year. So trees down, plasterer fixed the cracks, we chose the paint & decorators did it all for us all thanks to the insurance
So the rooms were white walls & now look like this...

Our room, bed not in shot as first of 3 new duvet covers wont arrive until tomorrow.

Charlies room, my 15yr old daughter chose the paint as she fancied a 'spicy' colour!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 12:55 AM

Re: Two bedrooms done :)

Would you be willing to show a little more of your room as we can only see a wall and a door.

I love the colours in Charlie's room. Those are the sort of colours I'd go for.

Two Aprils ago I re-painted my bedroom, which took me over two weekends. It's not a big room, but I'm a lot slower these days and things are more difficult.

I'll put the before and after shots on here, in a different thread, to show you what I managed to do. It won't be to everybody's taste though.

I needs a 60-Minute Makeover!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 01:05 AM

I can when the light is better! Both rooms are dual aspect and the flash was doing weird things and when I stood in the other corner it made the photo dark! I didnt take any with the bed in as the duvet set isnt matching!! It'll look so much nicer when the new one is here and then i'll post more pics of that room
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I can when the light is better! Both rooms are dual aspect and the flash was doing weird things and when I stood in the other corner it made the photo dark! I didnt take any with the bed in as the duvet set isnt matching!! It'll look so much nicer when the new one is here and then i'll post more pics of that room

Brilliant. I do like to see how people transform rooms. I watch 60-Minute Makeover every evening to get new ideas. Problem is, I can't afford to do them, and I can't carry out the work meself!

I'll put some photos of the inside of my house on here tomorrow night. The bedroom I did myself, but the spare front room was "designed" by me but painted by a friend's husband who is a painter and decorator. I don't mind showing photos, because there's only one person on this forum knows where I live, and that person is trustworthy.

I too had severe cracks on two bedroom walls and my partner was a plasterer, but he died before he could attend to them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 09:37 AM

Looks very nice Cassie
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 02:43 PM

Looks lovely Cassie
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 10:23 PM

That looks really nice Cassie....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2012, 11:14 PM

That looks very nice Cassie

My granddaughter would love Charlie's room as those are her favourite bedroom colours too!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top