Join for free
Page 111 of 190 « First < 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 > Last »
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Well done OGF.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 12:19 PM

OMG ... well done OGF for going for a run in that weather !!!!

I'm doing my walk across the Humber Bridge tomorrow ... I hope the weather's better than it was this morning Llandudno
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 12:21 PM

Well done Bob for completing your last long run of your holiday,
despite the atrocious weather

It has been very enjoyable following you on your ramblings

Have a safe journey home tomorrow...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 06:05 PM

Thanks Mags and Newcomer, and have a good walk tomorrow Myrtle the views from the bridge of Hull are awesome....Look out for the 'Old Tile Works' cafe on the Barton side, well worth a visit if you have time....

Just had a look at the weather for tomorrow Myrtle and it looks like a good forecast.....Good luck...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 05:09 AM

Your timing has been wonderful for this journey and somehow your rainy excursion today make the others somehow that much more delightful to the reader. That you pushed through to your intial goal shows a hardiness of mind and body that come with years of training. I'm sure you felt victorious - and hungry - when finished! If you are like me, there is a constant fluctuation between feeling too warm and feeling chilled in the rain, but it's always somehow invigorating. Great job, Bob!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 09:55 PM

We intended to walk through some lovely gardens on the side of the Great Orme and which overlook Llandudno called Haulfre Gardens before we left for home today and the sunrise over the Little Orme was quite spectacular early on, but by the time we had finished breakfast and checked out of the hotel the skies had clouded over and a brisk, icy North wind had sprung up out of nowhere. It wasn't long before the rain started, so after retrieving the car from the hotel car park we found a Tesco, collected the necessities, and made a run for home.....

At 3:00pm and 150 miles later we arrived home safe and sound, and as I go through the photographs I'm missing Llandudno already, although it won't be long before it gets consigned to 'holidays past' and the journey that is my life continues on to another milepost.

Quite possibly a feeling echoed by thousands of runners Surfermom, it would appear that the more that Mother Nature can throw at you, the greater the reward for toughing it out.
I sometimes have to smile with admiration when I see other runners battling with the elements and realising that we are indeed a strange breed of person.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 06:11 PM

While the last bit of rain must have been a bit of a disappointment, it seems the weather was sensational for most of your visit. It's always a bit of a letdown for a holiday to be over, but that feeling is soon replaced with good memories and anticipation of the next.

By the way, I think that Bruce, with his celebratory announcement of spring in the southern hemisphere is full to blame for that chilly blast.

Cheers to you and Mrs. Fox for a safe and happy return.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 07:24 PM

Hello

My Humber Bridge walk was perfect ... we decided to walk across both ways and the weather and the scenery was fantastic and we had a lovely walk on the foreshore and through the country park too.

Thanks for your help Bob
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-09-2017, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hello

My Humber Bridge walk was perfect ... we decided to walk across both ways and the weather and the scenery was fantastic and we had a lovely walk on the foreshore and through the country park too.

Thanks for your help Bob
My pleasure Myrtle, glad you enjoyed your walk over that wonderful piece of engineering. The country park is nice too, as a courier I used to deliver some goods to a hospital just up the road at Castle Hill, following the delivery I would park up and go for a jog or walk around the park (running kit was always in the van) and after I would use the cafe for lunch. Unfortunately the cafe is now closed and abandoned and been replaced with a burger van....Not quite as healthy as a Jacket Potato with Tuna...

As one door closes though......The last time we walked over the bridge we found the 'Old Tile Works' at the other side (Barton Upon Humber) and the meals there are scrumptious but it does add another mile to the walk. So that's another one off your bucket list Myrtle, or are you like me......I make no list because everyday I wake up I delve into that bucket of life...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-09-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
While the last bit of rain must have been a bit of a disappointment, it seems the weather was sensational for most of your visit. It's always a bit of a letdown for a holiday to be over, but that feeling is soon replaced with good memories and anticipation of the next.

By the way, I think that Bruce, with his celebratory announcement of spring in the southern hemisphere is full to blame for that chilly blast.

Cheers to you and Mrs. Fox for a safe and happy return.
We both love Llandudno Surfermom, and it's a bit of a sad moment when we have to leave. Mrs Fox and me couldn't remember the date when we first visited Llandudno, but I do remember meeting a chap in the bed & breakfast where we stayed and he was a runner, so we went out running together one morning. Well as you are probably aware, every run I've ever done has been logged in my running journal, so upon our return home I searched through it and found that it was in 1986 just before I ran my first ever full marathon.

We have visited Llandudno most years since and never fail to find something new to see or do, and now we are retired I'm thinking we might have to visit for longer or more often.
Yes Surfermom, I noticed Bruce was experiencing 35 degrees down under in Aus, probably a bit too hot for me to run there but you should be alright....

Page 111 of 190 « First < 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top