Join for free
Page 68 of 370 « First < 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 02:00 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Some saddles are a bit more comfortable than others but I have found there is no truly comfortable saddle. They all can cause saddle-soreness, especially if getting back to riding after not doing it for a while.

I tend to try and stand on the pedals for a few seconds on downhill runs. That helps quite a bit.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Mart excercise machines are only good for hanging clothles on .
I don't mind the rough terrain once I get a comfortable saddle !
i also have to lose weight -not much as I am within the healthy limit band but must reduce to 1000-1500 a day

Well had my breakfast two toasts with butter ( and olive oil mix) and it comes to 314 calories that leaves me a measly 686 at the lower end for the rest of the day
How about getting a rowing machine, Muddy. You can always pick them up cheap in the local paper or on Ebay. A quick blast on that 15 mins twice a day would be quite worthwhile maybe?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 05:00 PM

Today's exercise is done. 3 miles walked this morning - 10 miles cycled this afternoon.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Very solid workout, Mart. I am holding off until near sunset i hopes that the heat will abate by then. My goall is six miles. Now I have put it in writing have to put my money where my mouth is!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

17-08-2017, 06:07 PM

6 miles is a good distance Surfermom, especially if it is hot. I'm sure you'll manage it though.

Heat is something that's been a bit lacking here recently. It's about 22°C. A bit low for the time of year and not all that sunny.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 06:19 PM

daily exercise routine is getting in and out of bed mainly
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

17-08-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
daily exercise routine is getting in and out of bed mainly
That's not too bad. Now that the action has been mastered, try increasing the number of times it's done over a 30 minute period. You'll be fit in no time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 10:07 PM

Had to wait until the rain had stopped this morning before I set off for a very testing eight mile run. It was only when I returned covered in sweat and breathing like a bull on heat that I noticed the humidity was over 60%....probably nothing out of the ordinary for Surfermom, but it certainly kicked my arse......

A change of venue for the next couple of weeks......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 03:25 AM

Muddy, you are probably going to succeed at this because you immediately went out and rode your bike and are considering other exercise and diet changes too.

I am in complete agreement with mart that you should follow through on getting comfortable seat. If you do some research you'll find that there are several options, but along with this and the next suggestion, I highly recommend that you talk to someone in a real cycling shop. Most have people who really understand the issues of cycling for people of all ages and expertise.

Another option you might consider is a bike trainer. You mount your own bike to the trainer and it allows you to ride indoors. These are particularly great during inclement weather. I would definitely talk to a bike expert, but they tend to be less expensive than buying new equipment. http://bestreviews.com/best-bike-trainers.

Another idea is to buy a yoga mat and a set of three pound weights. Whenever you are watching TV, make sure you are doing some sort of exercise. You can build muscle with a high number of repitions and low weights, and muscles burn more calories. I usually use three pound weights to do step aerobics and five pounds for stationary work (like bicep curls or overhead presses).

As for diet, if you cut your calories to less than 1200, that is crash dieting and you will be too hungry to stick with it. If you can do 1300-1400 AND exercise a minimum of an hour a day, and the weight will come off. You'll have to do a bit of research to find some foods you enjoy that are low calories and filling - but they are out there. I agree with you that your breakfast isn't going to help you the rest of the day. There are other options that would taste great and leave you feeling satisfied longer (egg whites, veggie omelets, nuts, oatmeal, bananas, fruit, etc.) - that would leave you plenty of calories later in the day.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

18-08-2017, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Today's exercise is done. 3 miles walked this morning - 10 miles cycled this afternoon.
Nice workout, mart. I am a true believer in mixing it up, and with both walking and cycling, you are getting to see the world at two different speeds! What kind of bicycle are you riding?

realspeed, we all start somewhere!

OGF, I ran in typical conditions 85 F / 85% humidity...but you passed me by a whopping 2 miles...I wouldn't even be able to see you that far down the road. Enjoy the the fresh scenery for your vacation (holiday) running; it sounds like you and Mrs. Fox are well-deserving in your getaway. Please give us a surf report too!

Page 68 of 370 « First < 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top