Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 10:41 AM

Anger Raises Chances Of A Heart Attack. Grrrrr!

The below was in a newspaper article.
In view of that, how are your anger levels recently then?
If they are high, take my advice and...

After all, I don't want to lose any of you!

An episode of intense anger was found to raise the chances of an attack more than eight-fold in the two hours afterwards. The research adds to previous evidence that anger can act as a heart attack trigger.

Study leader Dr Thomas Buckley, of the University of Sydney, in Australia, said: “While the absolute risk of any one anger episode triggering a heart attack is low, our data demonstrates that the danger is real.”

The research focused on 313 heart attack patients admitted to the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney between 2006 and 2012 who were questioned about their emotional state in the 48 hours before they fell ill.

A seven-point scale was used to assess anger levels ranging from “calm” to “enraged, out of control, throwing objects, hurting yourself or others”.

Writing in the European Heart Journal: Acute Cardiovascular Care, the authors said the association shown in the study “adds to the small but growing body of evidence linking acute emotional triggers with onset of MI (myocardial infarction, or heart attack)”.

Dr Buckley said the effect was most likely due to “increased heart rate and blood pressure, tightening of blood vessels and increased clotting”.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 10:59 AM

Re: Anger Raises Chances Of A Heart Attack. Grrrrr!

Getting a bit cross now and again is fine but real anger is not funny. My eldest nephew is now a very nice man but he had his moments in the past when he went `red mist`. He was sensible enough to see it for himself and go to anger management sessions. A bad temper runs in our genes-it is not something I will ever let out of the box again-oh yes I too used to see the red mist.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Getting a bit cross now and again is fine but real anger is not funny. My eldest nephew is now a very nice man but he had his moments in the past when he went `red mist`. He was sensible enough to see it for himself and go to anger management sessions. A bad temper runs in our genes-it is not something I will ever let out of the box again-oh yes I too used to see the red mist.
Yes OG and I can see your concern there.
I have tried to sort of make light of anger in my original post, but it can have very serious consequences for some as per article.
Mind you, I didn't need the article to tell me that, as I guess most of us know it already.

At the moment I am unfortunately having a dispute with a neighbour over his rather inconsiderate way of parking.
I am trying to keep calm and sort it out amicably.
But it ain't easy with this particular guy!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 11:12 AM

Do your best to try and reason-not always easy with some. I can see it all-mild annoyance,frustration,getting pissed off-and then.............but I no longer go there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 11:13 AM

I guess it is self-evident really Boozer..
anger = raised blood pressure = a chance of a stroke or heart attack particularly in those who are already at risk because of medical problems.

It is difficult to smile and be angry at the same time so if you feel yourself getting angry smile
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

18-07-2016, 11:16 AM

How to really annoy someone-when some eejit starts ranting and raving at you -blow them a kiss.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 11:17 AM

Physical problems: Worry, anger, jealousy, hate, ill will, grudges, vindictiveness, irritation, resentment, guilt, depression, anxiety, lack of joy and happiness, and all other negative emotions and thoughts have a negative effect upon the body and open the door for sickness and disease. There are now quite a number of cases where a disease or sickness or altered health can be traced back to a mental cause,

So put on a happy Face Folks and learn to Love Your Neighbour
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

18-07-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Physical problems: Worry, anger, jealousy, hate, ill will, grudges, vindictiveness, irritation, resentment, guilt, depression, anxiety, lack of joy and happiness, and all other negative emotions and thoughts have a negative effect upon the body and open the door for sickness and disease. There are now quite a number of cases where a disease or sickness or altered health can be traced back to a mental cause,

So put on a happy Face Folks and learn to Love Your Neighbour
Hear hear May.
Let's all go out and Hug A Hoodie!
My parking neighbour can rod off!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

18-07-2016, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
How to really annoy someone-when some eejit starts ranting and raving at you -blow them a kiss.
Don't try that with me mate.
Your winding me up now!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2016, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Hear hear May.
Let's all go out and Hug A Hoodie!
My parking neighbour can rod off!
Blow Him a kiss and tell Him You love Him...in Welsh..that should sort it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top