Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:09 PM

Re: Value for money

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Names are best kept secret over her because soldiers that kill the enemy tend to be put in prison.
Ain't that the truth?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ain't that the truth?
Could be an 'alternative fact'. Mmm?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
A bloody good shot though..1800m
Piece of p##s

On a serious note, they're something special.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Talking of. shooting, the way you do....
An excellent squirm to avoid the most unlikely "three with one bullet" story, Rehab.

You have, of course, confirmed that newspaper reports are often unreliable.
I thank you for that acknowledgement.

I agree that there may sometimes be reasons why a source must remain un-named.
Usually, in such reports, a reason is given. Not so with this one.

If you chooser to believe that a bloke with binoculars nearly 2 kilometres away can state categorically
"The third man lasted for about 30 seconds before dying, while the others were killed instantly ..."

well, I have this big coat-hanger shaped bridge - located in Sydney - that I would like to sell you.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
An excellent squirm to avoid the most unlikely "three with one bullet" story, Rehab.

If you chooser to believe that a bloke with binoculars nearly 2 kilometres away can state categorically
"The third man lasted for about 30 seconds before dying, while the others were killed instantly ..."

well, I have this big coat-hanger shaped bridge - located in Sydney - that I would like to sell you.
Not a squirm at all cobblers.... people who live in glass houses etc..

I think you will find , that's if you want to do the research, that the villagers who were interviewed by the police after the event stated that...don't let your convict mentality get in the way of the facts cobbler.

Ps, are all your coppers that thick?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 01:07 AM

I am not the slightest bit interested in that report of the shooting in Brisbane, Rehab -utterly irrelevant.
Could be true, might be true, probably true, could be anything - nothing whatever to do with your
"3 for 1" yarn - which is what I questioned !

I have Googled my little fingers off looking for some evidence (or even just a report) that villagers confirmed the superhero shot.
Nada, zilch, zero.
You made the claim, the onus is on you to back it up.

The media problem with this sort of stuff is that one rag writes it - and dozens of others pick it up and run with it - with no corroboration at all.
This is evidenced by the fact that the reports are largely verbatim - whole paragraphs perfectly word-for-word.
Cheap journalism - perhaps even emanating from a MoD Press Release.
And gee, 'wartime' sources like that are always gospel aren't they ?

FYI - I did find plenty of British skeptics responding to the yarn
e.g.
RealTV
Nice if its true, but appears like a fake news item to me.
oldneworder
And the the muggles lap up this true story. lol.
Irrelevant
In years to come there will be a Hollywood movie about it. Navy seal captures an enigma machine, breaks the code and invents the first ever computer and with his other hand shot and killed 3 terrorists with one single bullet!
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-single-bullet

Look, I am not even claiming that it did not happen.
Only that there is sufficient reason to have legitimate doubts.

If you choose to respond, perhaps you might try evidence rather than utterly irrelevant or childishly personal stuff ?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

24-01-2017, 10:57 AM

Temper temper pumice! You did say it didn't happen I posted the report, you took exception to it for some odd reason and immediately dissed it...and because you were taken to task you are having a temper tantrum and post in bold Scary
Pumicestone
Australia

24-01-2017, 04:04 PM

No temper tantrums here me old china.

I did NOT say it didn't happen.
I said
" The whole tale reeks of propaganda to me."
Are we not permitted to doubt ?
Must we simply accept that because a story appeared in newspapers, it must be true ?

Even if the story contains utterly ridiculous claims -
like a bloke with binoculars can see, from 2 kilometres away, that a bloke is dead.

That's just nuts.
And therefore casts doubt on the whole tale.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

24-01-2017, 04:05 PM

Never mind Princess, the nasty poster will leave you alone ...I promise
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->

Here is how binoculars work, they make things look closer!
They have magnification!
So a pair of bins with a 10X magnification will make things look 10 times bigger (or closer) so 1800m seems like 180M
But they do not stop there! they go upto 30X and beyond.
So 1800M becomes 60M.
I am going out on a limb here, but I would take a guess that very few snipers spotters have visual problems.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top