Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 10:18 AM

Re: Existence

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Yes you are. You are only putting another page over the top of your first page. Even if you open another two or three tabs, they're all still there and active. I think that's how it works.
I'm not sure how active they remain. Could be that clicking back on the tab reactivates what is dormant.

I guess that this is all a bit like when you show a baby something then as soon as you put a cover over it, it no longer exists for the baby which is why they might cry.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 10:19 AM

Sorry Mupsy, I don't know what that means, house trained, please explain.
If you want a pooh, do you do it on the carpet or nip outside and do it on the lawn instead?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 10:21 AM

I'm always logged in, no matter what. I even sleep on the forum. When I wake up the moderators serve breakfast. Best forum ever.
That would explain our night shift.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 10:24 AM

Oh dear, I think you should find a computer course to attend in your area.
That was in reply to Dex's post #11
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Here's an imponderable. On this site, as indeed on many others, we can see who is currently logged in.

If you click onto another tab on your windows explorer so this screen is no longer in sight, are you still logged onto here in real time?
When you reply to a post, several posts could have been added in the time it takes to type it, so I would say that we are never in real time. that would be a chat room surely? Take no notice of me, I'm no expert.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 10:29 AM

If you want a pooh, do you do it on the carpet or nip outside and do it on the lawn instead?
If ever I want one of those, I'd just pick it up and take it home. Just kidding, I'd leave it lying there and move on.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-06-2017, 12:26 PM

If ever I want one of those, I'd just pick it up and take it home.
What a fascinating display cabinet you must have
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 01:48 PM

I have ten tabs that are always open when I open Chrome. Eleven, actually, as there is also the Virgin Media e-mail 'service' which often fails to work, so I only check it once a day, then delete it.

Each of the other tabs, including this forum, remain open in the background so, presumably, I remain logged in.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-06-2017, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Each of the other tabs, including this forum, remain open in the background so, presumably, I remain logged in.
Trouble is, as you're not able to see the pages, you can't be sure.

I know for a fact that when my wife leaves for work, my tension and stress levels decrease, and when she returns they come back in abundance. I thus assert that being logged onto a site and clicking onto a new window of opportunity happens in the same way.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have ten tabs that are always open when I open Chrome. Eleven, actually, as there is also the Virgin Media e-mail 'service' which often fails to work, so I only check it once a day, then delete it.

Trouble is, as you're not able to see the pages, you can't be sure.
Yes I can. I click the tab and there I am, logged in.

Also, the tab assigned to OFF is, presumably, active and logged in because I occasionally receive a notification of a private message.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top