Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:18 PM

Pension Age to rise again sooner

Hi

It won't affect us over 50's, but a sign of the way things are going.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40658774

This getting stupid.

Wouldn't it just be better to raise tax so people can retire at a reasonable age?
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:24 PM

Re: Pension Age to rise again sooner

It is like we are going backward.

Makes not a bit of sense to me.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:33 PM

I think the government just want everybody get so old at work so they die thus not having to pay them their pensions. At the end of the day it's ALL down to tax reasons.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:43 PM

It's crazy isn't it. I pity all those who have to work till they drop.

Anyone fancy a roofer with a zimmer to fix their roof?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:43 PM

I think they've tried to bury this news on the day the BBC publish those huge pay rates for their employees and celebs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
It's crazy isn't it. I pity all those who have to work till they drop.

Anyone fancy a roofer with a zimmer to fix their roof?

Me too, Pesta. I am so glad I got out when I did.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I think they've tried to bury this news on the day the BBC publish those huge pay rates for their employees and celebs.
Hi

Also the day before Parliament breaks up for summer, so no chance of being questioned on it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:26 PM

To think of those poor people doing manual jobs , outside workers and care workers helping the even elderly to bath and shower . My sister being one , she is already 64 and struggling .
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:55 PM

Well I chose to go back to work when I retired, not mainly for money reasons, as I still like being part of something,. and I guess i still get job satisfaction from driving Trucks.
I am 71 now and retired from Wincanton aged 65,. paid off my mortgage and re-decorated the house from top to bottom,then went fishing all the next summer, and generally had a good time loafing about,, but when the first winter arrived I was bored out of my tree. Its true I am not full time nowadays I probably average 3 days per week but they are still 12 hour shifts minimum, and I also pay slightly more tax as they take my earnings from my pension into account as well as my wages, so I pay tax on the gross of the two. At the firm where I work now there are also other drivers who are beyond retirement age, but at least I suppose we had the choice to go back, providing we can meet the stringent requirements ( medical + Elf & Safety training every 12 months etc ) I sure don't envy the younger generations having to work till 68 before they can draw their pensions, I suppose we can blame the politicians for letting all those people into the country who never paid into the system,... but will get most of the benefits when they retire ? .
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
To think of those poor people doing manual jobs , outside workers and care workers helping the even elderly to bath and shower . My sister being one , she is already 64 and struggling .
I had a very physically demanding job and opted for early retirement at age 58. I spent four years living off my savings before my State pension kicked in. No way could I have carried on in that job until age 68. The increase in pension age to 68 is going to affect both my children.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top