Join for free
Page 2 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:31 PM

Re: I am all worn out

Sorry to hear about your troubles Mups.
It sounds like a total nighmare.

I could only suggest putting your white goods etc in storage for a few weeks - it shouldn't cost too much. This will free up another room or two for you & the dogs. You could probably manage with a microwave and camping stove and hopefully you will find a launderette not too far away.

It won't be easy but it could be done.

Thinking of you.x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:34 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind offers, kind words and cuddles.

I'm blubbing like a good 'un here at the moment, which won't achieve anything except give me a red nose.

If you see a lady and her dogs sleeping in her car somewhere, like Maggie Smith in the film, give me a wave as you go by.

Oh dear, I'm feeling ever so sorry for meself today.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:35 PM

Sadly its a major piece of work and very disruptive, but needs to be done, keep your chin up it will be worth it in the long run.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:36 PM

Just an idea on the storage, I don't know how much land you have but is it worth looking into hiring a small container?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:48 PM

Mups I would also mention to the insurance that, had the problem been correctly diagnosed in 2010, perhaps there wouldn't have been so much work to do. I would also mention that, under the circumstances you may have to reconsider maintaining your policy with them..... they hate to lose customers.

You would have been welcome to stay here, but I doubt my cats would tolerate your dogs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just an idea on the storage, I don't know how much land you have but is it worth looking into hiring a small container?

I could possibly get a small container to the side of my front driveway dongle, but no idea how to go about it, where to get one, how much they cost, and would the insurance pay or me?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:59 PM

Mups darlin' since the work that needs to be done is so extensive, your insurance company should pay for you to go live in a hotel - one that accepts pets too. I can see another battle ensuing with your insurance company!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2017, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Mups I would also mention to the insurance that, had the problem been correctly diagnosed in 2010, perhaps there wouldn't have been so much work to do. I would also mention that, under the circumstances you may have to reconsider maintaining your policy with them..... they hate to lose customers.

You would have been welcome to stay here, but I doubt my cats would tolerate your dogs.

Twink, I have told them before about bodging things.
They originally said it was the main sewer pipe leaking and came and put a liner in the pipe. I have since found out it was the wrong size liner!
They also sent me a report of the drain along with a photo and the photo wasn't even my drain! I could tell because in the picture, it had gravel all round it but mine has concrete.

They told me there were no tree roots in another report, then I found out later there were Cypress, Walnut and Willow all under my kitchen. I haven't even got any trees, they were all neighbours trees.

When the cracks started again, once more they said it was the drains and I said then "you mean the drains you were sup[posed to have mended first time!"

You say about changing insurance companies - believe me I have desperately wanted to, but no one will touch me with subsidence. I'm stuffed.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:10 PM

Oh Mups I'm so sorry to hear of Your distress (((((((((hugs))))))))))...Maybe it's time to contact the Ombudsman if You haven't already done so? xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:21 PM

Aw Mups check the print on your insurance very carefully, it should cover you for a temporary move .

When my son was moving house he hired a unit locally and stored stuff there that wasn't going to be used until after the move. It cost him £80 a month including insurance.
If you look on the internet you may find some storage units locally.
If you could move some stuff out perhaps you could stay in the bungalow.

If they aren't starting the work yet there will be lots of empty holiday cottages and caravans around in September.
Some may not like so many dogs though.
Another option is to hire a tent if you have room in the garden and store stuff in that

Page 2 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top