Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:30 PM

Re: Here's One I Never Planned For!!!

What a wonderful story. The menu sounds just right. My mouth is watering. Have a great evening and best wishes to the happy couple.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Just trying to help and by eating food she is already used to, would perhaps put her more at ease.
Bless you UJ, I really appreciate your input honestly, and to be honest, I may try one of those recipes sometime so that if she settles here eventually, she will then really appreciate to be eating food from her homeland. But at the moment I am playing it safe (for me!)
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:41 PM

Muddy, you've put my mind at rest. On their own I know each dish is nice, but I was fretting whether each course would blend nicely together. So thank you for that vote of confidence.Especially with the drink.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-08-2017, 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=Newcomer;1205454]What a wonderful story. The menu sounds just right. My mouth is watering. Have a great evening and best wishes to the happy couple.[/QUOTTA

Thanks very much Newcomer. I am looking forward to it. It is still very strange that my pen pal will become my sister-in-law! Still can't quite get me head around that one!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 01:02 PM

Shroppy, first let me say that the menu sounds lovely and I am sure she will enjoy it. Anyway, if she doesn't like anything, you can always blame your brother for not telling you.

Don't worry about losing a pen pal because, hopefully, she will become a SIL that you can spend lots of girl time with after the wedding, if she settles here. Perhaps she will then cook you some of her traditional dishes!

I am sure the grape juice will be fine and, because it will look like wine, she won't feel you have had to make any special arrangements for her......... after all she will be soon one of the family!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-08-2017, 07:22 PM

Hi Twink, thanks about the Shloer Grape Juice. That's what I thought too. At least when I lay the table I can put out 4 wine glasses so all looks the same. (not that it matters about that really).
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 07:55 PM

Sounds absolutely delicious - I'd send you my address for the left overs - but I bet there won't be any !!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-08-2017, 10:12 AM

Thanks ST. with all the kind comments about the planned menu, I feel much more confident now. Thank god I have become quite a dab-hand at perfectly cooked steaks after not being able to for decades. I've ordered 4 fillet steaks from my lovely local butcher (he who must obey will be having beans on toast for the next several days!! ) the cost made me gasp! still, it's a one off and very special so well worth it.
I've been learning the timings for cooking steak off by heart for Rare, Medium and Well Done, as don't know how she likes hers. (I don't want to be rushing to the computer to find out in the middle of cooking them!)

I don't think I will really relax though until we are eating the Dessert. Pity really that she doesn't drink, I would have been happy to have just done my famous within the family Shepherds Pie and Champagne dinner (a dish large enough for two generous helpings each for four) with no starter and no dessert as it is filling enough and very yum, and we concentrate more on copious glasses of champers and chat rather than fussing over different courses.

Oh well, next time and Mila can have grape juice again.

Wish me luck
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Thanks ST. with all the kind comments about the planned menu, I feel much more confident now. Thank god I have become quite a dab-hand at perfectly cooked steaks after not being able to for decades. I've ordered 4 fillet steaks from my lovely local butcher (he who must obey will be having beans on toast for the next several days!! ) the cost made me gasp! still, it's a one off and very special so well worth it.
I've been learning the timings for cooking steak off by heart for Rare, Medium and Well Done, as don't know how she likes hers. (I don't want to be rushing to the computer to find out in the middle of cooking them!)

I don't think I will really relax though until we are eating the Dessert. Pity really that she doesn't drink, I would have been happy to have just done my famous within the family Shepherds Pie and Champagne dinner (a dish large enough for two generous helpings each for four) with no starter and no dessert as it is filling enough and very yum, and we concentrate more on copious glasses of champers and chat rather than fussing over different courses.

Oh well, next time and Mila can have grape juice again.

Wish me luck

Let me know when its on the menu again and I'll bring me plate and fork!!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-08-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Let me know when its on the menu again and I'll bring me plate and fork!!!
LOL! Methinks UJ, between you and he who must obey, there wouldn't be much left for me.
Never mind, I could instead concentrate on the champers and chat. HIC!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top