Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 08:13 PM

F.A.O. Realist - part 2

Realist - that lovely drink recipe is certainly doing me the world of good - virus is on it's way out.

But ... having made the drink and sieved it into a container - I was left with a squidgy heap in the bottom of the sieve. It seemed far too good to waste - so I put it into another container and stuck it in the 'fridge while I had a think.

Today I had a brilliant idea - added some oats and a dollop of good Irish butter - and used it to coat a piece of smoked haddock. Wrapped it all in greaseproof paper and steamed it. Had it for dinner with baby potatoes and samphire.It was wonderful!

Just wondered - what do you do with your residue when you make the drink?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 07:57 AM

Re: F.A.O. Realist - part 2

ST , I must have missed the recipe for the juice and am now intrigued . Please can you let me have it .

Thankyou
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:38 AM

Yes - of course - it is one Realist recommended:-

Lemon and Ginger drink

Remove pips from 1 lemon.

Put entire lemon skin, pith and everything in a blender. Add a decent chunk of fresh ginger, a little hot water and then blitz it all into a milky liquid.

Strain into a container and keep in the fridge (it will last many days).

Use it to make a warm drink, putting about 1cm of the milkly liquor in a mug, top up with hot water and add a teaspoon of good honey for sweetness and added anti-bacterial goodness.

Drink this morning and evening.

Your body will love you !

It is delicious - and it works !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 12:33 PM

Thankyou I'll make it
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 11:17 PM

Hi Tabby

Actually when I make this I use a jug blender and it has a cylindrical mesh filter that pops in the jug. I put the lemon and ginger in the cylinder and when it blends it pretty much blitzes everything to a liquid because the cylinder keeps it all where the blades are whizzing so I don't personally strain. There's a tiny bit of pulp left over but not enough to warrant saving.

All depends what kit you have really. I imagine one of those high speed nutri-bullet things would also blitz it all to liquid too.

Good idea using it with the fish though. You can't beat a bit of "finney" haddock !

Another idea would be to use it in a muffin mix to make lemon and poppy seed muffins.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

06-08-2017, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hi Tabby

Actually when I make this I use a jug blender and it has a cylindrical mesh filter that pops in the jug. I put the lemon and ginger in the cylinder and when it blends it pretty much blitzes everything to a liquid because the cylinder keeps it all where the blades are whizzing so I don't personally strain. There's a tiny bit of pulp left over but not enough to warrant saving.

All depends what kit you have really. I imagine one of those high speed nutri-bullet things would also blitz it all to liquid too.

Good idea using it with the fish though. You can't beat a bit of "finney" haddock !

Another idea would be to use it in a muffin mix to make lemon and poppy seed muffins.
That sounds delicious - will try that with the next brew - probably Monday/Tuesday.

Mine is also a jug blender but it does not have a filter so it is useful to have a plan for the pulp - definitely too good to just decard.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top