Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:18 AM

Ignorant stupid man

It's Time To Stop Stigmatising Muslim Recruits
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/azi-..._17654534.html

We need to include more diversity into our police and army etc when our Jordan joined he faced some suspicions but has proved himself an asset to them, they all want to serve with him as hes so loyal and willing to help them, has their backs in dangerous times. We need more like him IMO
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 01:58 PM

Re: Ignorant stupid man

Colonel Richard Justin Kemp CBE (born 14 April 1959) is a retired British Army officer who served from 1977 to 2006. He was Commander of British Forces Afghanistan, an infantry battalion Commanding Officer, worked for the Joint Intelligence Committee (of the Cabinet) and completed 14 operational tours of duty around the globe.

Is this the ignorant, stupid man you are referring to?
I would suggest he probably has more knowledge on the topic than you or me.

I read your link to Azi Ahmed's article - were you able to read what Kemp actually wrote to compare it to Ahmed's interpretation of it? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to because I don't subscribe to The Times.
However, I did find a link to an Australian articke, which reproduces Kemp's article in full.
http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2017...-bent-on-.html

I don't interpret Kemp's words in the same way as Ahmed did.
In fact, in the aftermath of the recent conviction of the radicalised Irish Royal Marine who was assembling pipe bombs for the Continuity IRA, I think Kemp makes an important point about increased security vetting.

I agree with you and Ahmed that Muslims should not be stigmatised - and Kemp acknowledges that most Muslims join the British Services for good patriotic reasons - but that shouldn't blind us to the fact that Daesh have been trying to infiltrate our Armed Forces for years - they have even produced a manual on how to do so.

Whilst I agree with Kemp's comments, I think maybe he should address them privately to those in charge of recruiting policy and vetting. I don't think it's particularly helpful to share these thoughts on such a sensitive topic in the public domain - there's too many people who will get hold of the wrong end of the stick or eager to bend them to suit their own agenda or prejudice.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 02:06 PM

Because he hasn't shown any prejudice at all I guess.

Muslims have enough problems without this IMO

The authorities are crying out for more diverse people in the services, this really doesn't help them feel they can apply.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 02:17 PM

If these Muslims want to join up and fight someone then get back to where you came from and defend the country you scarpered from instead of leaving your women to do it for you!!
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 02:21 PM

I honestly didn't see any prejudice in Kemp's original article.

If I had just read Ahmed's article from the link you posted, and if Kemp had actually written the article in the way Ahmed suggests he did, I would have agreed with you.
But when I read what Kemp had actually written, I don't think it bore any resemblance to what Ahmed writes about it.
Boot
England

04-08-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
If these Muslims want to join up and fight someone then get back to where you came from and defend the country you scarpered from instead of leaving your women to do it for you!!
Huh?
Is it worth pointing out the obvious - that only British citizens can join the British Army?
People who apply to join up, whether Muslim or not, are already here in Britain 'where they came from'
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Because he hasn't shown any prejudice at all I guess.

Muslims have enough problems without this IMO

The authorities are crying out for more diverse people in the services, this really doesn't help them feel they can apply.
Are they?
I would want loyalty over diversity any day .
And I prefer to listen to Col Kemp a man who is neither stupid or ignorant a seasoned and decorated officer who knows what he talking about.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 02:58 PM

Hi

I had Muslim Enforcement Officers, a great asset to the team.

Our Security Services are actively recruiting Muslims, and with good reason.

They can go undercover into Mosques, our troops abroad rely on local Muslims to interpret for them.

The vast majority of Muslims absolutely hate the Radicals, they would be much tougher on them than we are.

We, as in our Government, are giving asylum to the Muslim Brotherhood.

This is absolute madness, they are imprisoned in some Muslim Countries, and with good reason.

Muslims are not a threat, the Radicals are and we should treat them accordingly.

We need more Muslim Troops and Muslim Enforcement Officers.

There is a very simple reason for this.

I have had the Race Card played against me on a number of occasions by Muslims.

If it is a Muslim Enforcement Officer it cannot be played and the likes of Dianne Abbott can shut up.

My Muslim Enforcement Officers, when I was working, and those in the Police and other Enforcement Agencies, would deal with the Radicals far quicker and far more ruthlessly than our PC correct Politicians do now.

They have absolutely no problem with deporting any who have dual nationality immediately, shutting down Radical Mosques and imprisoning Hate Preachers.

I would love to see Amber Rudd, our current Home Secretary replaced by one of my Ex Colleagues.

A tiny female Muslim, no headscarf, but as hard as nails.

There would be a massive change, no face coverings, no Radical Mosques or Imams, mass deportations and a blanket ban on Immigration from certain parts of the World.

Any we could not deport would be simply imprisoned for life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-08-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Huh?
Is it worth pointing out the obvious - that only British citizens can join the British Army?
People who apply to join up, whether Muslim or not, are already here in Britain 'where they came from'
You can't point that out to some boot, my boys may have a Sri Lankan British father but they would not know one end of Sri Lanka from another they are British through and through. Their father wouldn't either as he was born in Woking Surrey, Their grand parents moved here mid 60s.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-08-2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Are they?
I would want loyalty over diversity any day .
And I prefer to listen to Col Kemp a man who is neither stupid or ignorant a seasoned and decorated officer who knows what he talking about.
Yes they are most Muslim soldiers are very much prized as they really hate radicals who have brought so much trouble to their religion. Muslim women soldiers are fantastic from what I hear too I wouldn't want to get in a fight with them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top