Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:01 PM

Re: Contaminated eggs

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The things you light are poultry fumers aka smoke bombs.

The modern ones contain pyrethrum, a safe and natural insecticide.

The older ones, years ago, contained all types of nasties.

Creosote has been banned for amateur use since 2003.

Inspecting Egg Producers and chicken farms is a common part time job for retired EHO's in Rural Areas.

No Swims, the thing I lit was one of those little hand held blue tins with a handle . . . I can see it now but can't think what they are called, they are only small, and you adjust the flame.
Not sure, but I think you can buy them for burning paint off? They are not poultry fumers or smoke bombs.
Mine was not a huge commercial concern where I had acres of buildings and thousands of hens to see to!

I know about the creosote ban, but I am talking about 1992 - 2002.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No Swims, the thing I lit was one of those little hand held blue tins with a handle . . . I can see it now but can't think what they are called, they are only small, and you adjust the flame.
Not sure, but I think you can buy them for burning paint off? They are not poultry fumers or smoke bombs.
Mine was not a huge commercial concern where I had acres of buildings and thousands of hens to see to!

I know about the creosote ban, but I am talking about 1992 - 2002.
Hi

Apologies, you where talking about Blow Torches.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Secondly, why do we import eggs when we have our own poultry industry anyway?
Good question. It's plainly daft ain't it?!

Bit like all those people vehemently protesting against fracking and oil drilling. Why would we buy foreign oil and gas in at great expense instead of using our own?!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Apologies, you where talking about Blow Torches.

Aha . . we got there in the end.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 11:08 PM

having read that about dutch egg producing farmers they should be made to do with their chickens like we had to with our cows. Destroy them all that were supplied by that company
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-08-2017, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
having read that about dutch egg producing farmers they should be made to do with their chickens like we had to with our cows. Destroy them all that were supplied by that company

I believe millions of hens are going to be culled Bazza.

Poor birds.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 12:14 AM

Pesticide ridden eggs - puts the complaints about chlorinated chicken into perspective doesn't it?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Pesticide ridden eggs - puts the complaints about chlorinated chicken into perspective doesn't it?
Why?this was a criminal act and an investigation is now ongoing to prosecute those responsible . The bleached chicken from the USA is an everyday practice.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Why?this was a criminal act and an investigation is now ongoing to prosecute those responsible . The bleached chicken from the USA is an everyday practice.
Hi

Yes, spot on.

This is a major failure of the system as well, entirely down to a Belgian Government Agency.

I hope that the innocent farmers involved are given aid by the Dutch Government and that this money is recovered from the Belgians.

It will be some time before they are back in production.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-08-2017, 05:23 PM

Hi

The plot thickens, the Belgians are now saying the Dutch have known for months.

http://www.euronews.com/2017/08/09/d...ime=1502293531

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top