Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 08:52 PM

Re: Stripping paint

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Calm down, dear. It's a bit like a hair dryer.
Yea....that did cross my mind
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Thanks for replies folks. Not sure what I'm going to do as yet... still mulling it over.

I wasn't enamoured with the idea of burning it off. In my mind's eye I went back in time and saw my dad using a blowtorch on the windows, burning off old paint. I couldn't do that, I'd set the place on fire!

But then.... hang on .... 'hot air gun', what's that? I went on Youtube and saw how to use it. Oooh, I could do that, looks so relaxing!

But as I say, I'm still mulling it over.

Thanks again for your ideas.
Good luck with whatever method you decide, but do let us know how it all works out.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Good luck with whatever method you decide, but do let us know how it all works out.
Yea, will do Rehab..... but to be honest, at the moment, my enthusiasm is starting to wane a bit at the thought of decorating again. But, I'm sure it will resurface again
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 09:22 PM

One job at a time Pesta...choose your plan..buy the equipment..have a rest...then when you are ready do it...
I am a list maker..I write down what I want to do, research how to do it, thank goodness for YouTube..cost everything and then buy what I need...that wears me out
Then I prep everything, and only then do I attack it...go for it..the sense of achievement afterwards is great.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

15-08-2017, 09:40 PM

Haha yes the rest! Got to have a rest after all the planning!

Yes, I do research too if I'm unsure of something. T'internet is brilliant for that!

It's all the prepping that's a pain in the *rse and then trying to shove furniture around and covering stuff.
Finding somewhere to settle while it's ongoing.
Achy arms and hands.
Painting ceilings.
Smelly paint making my eyes swell and giving me sinus problems and sore throat.

But, oooooh yes .... that sense of achievement when it's done and the pleasure of lovely clean looking rooms and new carpet smells....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top