Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 09:14 AM

Re: Voltarol

I find the voltarol gel completely useless for my occasionaly severe back pain, whereas the voltarol tablets (diclofenac - now banned because of side effects for those with heart issues) were fantastic and did the trick every time.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 10:13 AM

Being a cheapskate I buy the Ibruprofen gel from the £1 shop. When I had a frozen shoulder the A & E dept told me to use it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It does nothing for my back pain or any of Mr Mags aches and pains, we rely on painkillers for that.
I tried it at same time as taking my pain killers, if you are prescribed it that's usually how they say to use it.

It's similar to oral anti inflammatories though so if you are allergic to them you need to try the gel very carefully at first.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 01:40 PM

I was in hospital in January 2004 having my first hip replacement. After the operation, nurse came round and handed me a little pot with a couple of tablets in, saying these were for pain relief. I took them. Approx 45 mins later I started to cough and wheeze badly. T'other man in the bay (there were only two of us) thought I was dying and pressed his emergency button. Nurse attended and put me back on oxygen and some other medication to counter what she had previously given me. I asked her what those tablets were and she told me Voltarol. I said that as I'm asthmatic, (the hospital knew this) they shouldn't be giving Voltarol to ashthmatics (it even says so in the blurb that comes with the packets). So now I am allergic to them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I was in hospital in January 2004 having my first hip replacement. After the operation, nurse came round and handed me a little pot with a couple of tablets in, saying these were for pain relief. I took them. Approx 45 mins later I started to cough and wheeze badly. T'other man in the bay (there were only two of us) thought I was dying and pressed his emergency button. Nurse attended and put me back on oxygen and some other medication to counter what she had previously given me. I asked her what those tablets were and she told me Voltarol. I said that as I'm asthmatic, (the hospital knew this) they shouldn't be giving Voltarol to ashthmatics (it even says so in the blurb that comes with the packets). So now I am allergic to them.
UJ, l was just about to say, that l only used Voltarol gel a few times and each time l was wheezing soon after. It was prescribed some years ago for my painful ankle. I would never use it again!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 03:34 PM

I looked into this in the past for my mum's arthritis. It's great except that it contraindicates with a number of meds. So she could not use it. Best to check with the gp. I think there was also something in the news about it last year.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 04:39 PM

I'm allergic to the oral tablets but luckily the gel I'm fine with.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 05:05 PM

All i can say is it worked for me with my pain problem,but I can understand different causes of pain it may have no affect on
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:48 PM

Im not sure if I can use voltarol or not due to my other meds, but my pharmacy sold me some gel 'Biofreeze ' for sciatica, it was not cheap £5.99 a tube.It works but doesnt seem to last very long.I will ask re voltarol when I next go near a pharmacy
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 03:50 PM

I have spondylosis in my lower back and neck and shoulders.
Not all the time but when it starts playing up I always use Voltarol Emulgel yes its quite expensive from the pharmacys but I always order through Amazon these days and find it cheaper.
Also I have Biofreeze Roll On in the cupboard if I run out of Voltarol.
Has for Ibrufen from Poundland I have a shelf full but found out that it can be bad if you have dodgy lungs. So unless I am desperate they will just collect dust for a while.
I was given a prescribed pain killer Naproxen that also works on the spondylosis.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top