Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 11:08 PM

Re: Giving up Smoking

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
.... too negative?

Have to admit my teeth are getting whiter.

Blimey Mort, you're on the ball gal, I didn't delete that quick enough then. No flies on you.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Is breathing not a teeny bit easier when walking? Cough not so bad?

Talking about the morning cough, thought the inlaws were bad, hate staying at theirs listening to them trying to cough a lung ap in the morning. But one of the older fellas I work along with, coughed so much one morning, he choked, passed out, and ended up crashing through the oven door head first
Ewwwouch!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 11:24 PM

Seriously
It's great to hear all these positive comments

Baby Hands up
Gimme Hands up
Gimme gimme your heart
Gimme gimme your heart

Baby hands up
Gimme hands up...

Et cetera, Et cetera..
ad infinitum!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 10:06 AM

I smoked around fifteen fags a day for over thirty five years, I left many non-smokers behind on marathons and fell races. Ciggies tasted great after a run and then in 2004 after running a regular 13 mile route I stubbed out my last cigarette and had a Heart Attack......That certainly brought me back down to earth and I never smoked again, still running though.
You just don't know the damage it causes inside.....

I had tried, unsuccessfully, to stop smoking many times before my Heart Attack, but I've never given it a second thought from that unfortunate day in 2004 to this. Something about being a smoker just seems to have switched off and I don't miss it one bit. It's like I never was a smoker.....

It's nice not to have to carry cigs and lighter around with me everywhere I go, but they've been replaced with spectacles, mobile phone and bus pass....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I smoked around fifteen fags a day for over thirty five years, I left many non-smokers behind on marathons and fell races. Ciggies tasted great after a run and then in 2004 after running a regular 13 mile route I stubbed out my last cigarette and had a Heart Attack......That certainly brought me back down to earth and I never smoked again, still running though.
You just don't know the damage it causes inside.....

I had tried, unsuccessfully, to stop smoking many times before my Heart Attack, but I've never given it a second thought from that unfortunate day in 2004 to this. Something about being a smoker just seems to have switched off and I don't miss it one bit. It's like I never was a smoker.....

It's nice not to have to carry cigs and lighter around with me everywhere I go, but they've been replaced with spectacles, mobile phone and bus pass....
A Bus pass? I thought you ran everywhere you went Or is the bus pass just to prove you are a pensioner?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 01:17 PM

Congrat's to all of You who have given up the fags and to those who are trying ...Two of My Children smoke and no matter how much I've pleaded with Them to stop,it's in one ear and out the other...but Mum,We like smoking..The thing is They're all health nuts,walking/mountain climbing/hill walking,and They've all done the West Highland Way twice...Son in Law converted His shed into a bar where He and His Mates get together now and then for a few beers and smokes..He called it 'The Black Lung'...I gave up then
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2017, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Congrat's to all of You who have given up the fags and to those who are trying ...Two of My Children smoke and no matter how much I've pleaded with Them to stop,it's in one ear and out the other...but Mum,We like smoking..The thing is They're all health nuts,walking/mountain climbing/hill walking,and They've all done the West Highland Way twice...Son in Law converted His shed into a bar where He and His Mates get together now and then for a few beers and smokes..He called it 'The Black Lung'...I gave up then
Those kids sound like my kind of people May....My daughter smokes but I wish she would copy my example....Kids Eh..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-09-2017, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
A Bus pass? I thought you ran everywhere you went Or is the bus pass just to prove you are a pensioner?
I'm a Yorkshireman Twink, it would go against the grain not to take advantage of a freebie.....

A bus pass also opens up some interesting running courses by taking me several miles from home and then running back...For free..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm a Yorkshireman Twink, it would go against the grain not to take advantage of a freebie.....

A bus pass also opens up some interesting running courses by taking me several miles from home and then running back...For free..
After seeing your face with all the blood, I am surprised they let you on the bus... didn't they think you were just a young hooligan?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-09-2017, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
After seeing your face with all the blood, I am surprised they let you on the bus... didn't they think you were just a young hooligan?
Hooligan, maybe Twink......Young? I'm afraid those days are gone.....

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top