Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 05:50 PM

Sciatica

Ive been suffering Sciatica pain for about 3/4 weeks now , and its really getting me down.I cant sleep at night for the pain and I have to rely on a walking stick to help me get around in the house/garden and my walker outside. Nothing seems to help.I am due to start Physio for it on Thursday so hope this will help
Does anyone know of a relief ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 06:41 PM

Re: Sciatica

Deylon we have a mutual forum acquaintance who suffers badly with this. I've sent you a PM so you can contact her. x
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 07:26 PM

Hi Carol Im not good on doing things here I cant get ANY PMs
What do I do .?Also notice your request to be a friend ,again what do I do
Cheers
deylon
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 07:33 PM

I suffer from Sciatica. It is so painful, I was prescribed Naproxen, that did help with the pain. It has taken a long time to get over it.
I remember it hurt to even sit down. Try putting a pillow between your legs to relieve the pressure at night. Physio was not that helpful in my case.
I even paid out to go private in sheer desperation. I am sure there are some simple exercises that DID help me. I will find them out and post them on this thread.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 08:46 PM

I got a PM from you a few months ago. I don't understand why you can't get them back Deylon.

I've sent you one today. Go to - messages - inbox

If you're having problems contact me on the other forum we're both on.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:04 AM

Deylon , years ago I got an attack of sciatica, I was advised to go to a reflexologist , I'd never had this before and didn't expect any relief but thought I'd try it . I had to be helped up onto the couch and she worked on my feet legs and ankles for an hour , when I left the room I had no pain and got off the couch with no trouble , I went once again a week later and have never had trouble since .

I trained in reflexology a couple of years ago and I think it does help , so it's just a thought for you maybe to consider . I hope you get well soon it's a painful problem .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Ive been suffering Sciatica pain for about 3/4 weeks now , and its really getting me down.I cant sleep at night for the pain and I have to rely on a walking stick to help me get around in the house/garden and my walker outside. Nothing seems to help.I am due to start Physio for it on Thursday so hope this will help
Does anyone know of a relief ?
I had sciatica for a while then it became unbearable and I couldn't walk or move. I had a micro endoscopic discectomy which was a great relief.

I have had a couple more since but while I am never pain free I can live with it. I have some great painkillers called Oxynorm which work well.

If you are interested in what happened to me you can read about it here:

>>>Click<<<
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 06:44 PM

Deylon, have you seen anyone about it.

I normally get Sciatica, at the moment i'm ok, as it comes and goes, I was on Nerve Relaxer Pills and Painkillers. Before you get out of bed in the morning, try very gently bending your knee upto your chest and down again a few times, gentle exercise does help, and put a pillow under your knees at night.

I've got Sciatica because I have two Prolapse Discs poking out in my Lumbar Spine, waiting to see if I need surgery.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top