Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 08:50 AM

Re: Steam Irons

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
£200 for an iron? Flabbergasted. Gawd, you must be made of money Swimmy

BTW lad, none of us, even the feminine variety, knew how to iron..... you just learn. Tis dead easy, honest - and very relaxing too (not that I have to iron anything any more with all these wonderful fabrics these days. Nothing ever seems to get creased).

Just don't use a high setting when ironing your silk jock strap
Hi

As I have said before, it was my Ex who choose it, not me.

I have given it to a local Mr Fix It who likes messing around with these sorts of things to see if he can do anything with it.

I hate ironing and I have much better things to do with my time.

There is little point in putting loads of money into Pensions over the years if you are going to spend your retirement doing things you don't have to and don't like doing.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 09:41 AM

All You have to do is pay a local Woman/Man to do all Your ironing for You..sorted.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
All You have to do is pay a local Woman/Man to do all Your ironing for You..sorted.

He does May, but I think Swim said she is on holiday at the mo.

Swim, you say your ex bought it, but that was years ago then, surely? So how old does that make the thing? Perhaps it has just died of old age, everything has to go some time.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Ironing contributes to global warming, go green and ditch them.

Crumpled but clean is the way forward.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Swim, you say your ex bought it, but that was years ago then, surely? So how old does that make the thing? Perhaps it has just died of old age, everything has to go some time.
Hi

Six years ago Mups and it only does me.

It is not limescale either, I produce my own lime free water for my fish tank and use some of that.

I do all the day to day cleaning and the washing myself.

Sabrina comes once a week for 3 hours and does the rest, including the ironing and helping me clean the fish tank and water changes.

It takes two and a stepladder just to take the top off the aquarium to clean it and a 100 litres out and a 100 litres back in.

I have white carpets do not forget, another legacy of the Ex.

It is the best £30 a week money can buy.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Oooops,must have skipped a page...couldn't understand why Daddy Warbucks was doing His own ironing
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 01:15 PM

i would get shut of those white carpets PDQ .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
i would get shut of those white carpets PDQ .

They wouldn't have been layed in the first place if I had been there, Muddy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ironing contributes to global warming, go green and ditch them.

Crumpled but clean is the way forward.
My theory exactly Nom !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top