Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 03:14 PM

Re: Non stick pans that don't peel

I have three types of pan - a beautifully `seasoned` cast iron frying pan that's almost like a non-stick, stainless steel, and a brace of `Kitchen Essentials` non-stick frying pans which I got from QVC which are still going strong. It's a false economy to buy cheap so-called non-stick pans as the coatings come off too easily. Also have a ceramic frying pan which I seldom use (if ever) as everything sticks to it, especially bacon.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 05:07 PM

This year I have had to replace most of my pans due to my grandson fitting an induction hob for me (free), so I usually take a magnet with me if shopping for replacements just to make sure they work on an induction surface.

My greatest disappointment is that I can no longer use my 40 year old pressure cooker as it doesn't work on this top. I only used it rarely, so cant justify replacing it.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 06:04 PM

I recently retired my 35 yr old set of vision pans as the ravages of time were beginning to show and I was very doubtful about new pans ..However I bought a set of ceramic pans like the ones in the link but black..

I have to say Im very impressed ..I cook a lot including jams and chutneys and these non stick pans really are non stick ! Everything comes off with little more than a wipe over..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Royalty-Lin...Y0PQKHESTWFH4P
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 06:32 PM

If you obtain a halogen oven, you will not need the oven in a cooker. There are some good quality small cookers which go on a worktop which have a grill and hotplates.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 06:50 PM

I love my halogen cooker. This is the second one I have bought. I very rarely use my main oven, cooking all my meals in the halogen, the only time I use my hob is for making sauces, gravies and cooking eggs. Most veg are done in the microwave.

I find the halogen very economical and far easier to clean than getting down on my knees to clean the main oven.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 09:29 PM

I can recommend GREENPAN pans. They have a special ceramic non-stick coating (not Teflon).

Don't buy the anodised pans though as they are not dishwasher safe despite being labelled as such. Every anodised pan I have owned has gone white in the dishwasher.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I have three types of pan - a beautifully `seasoned` cast iron frying pan that's almost like a non-stick, stainless steel, and a brace of `Kitchen Essentials` non-stick frying pans which I got from QVC which are still going strong. It's a false economy to buy cheap so-called non-stick pans as the coatings come off too easily. Also have a ceramic frying pan which I seldom use (if ever) as everything sticks to it, especially bacon.

Show off.

Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Franbern ->
If you obtain a halogen oven, you will not need the oven in a cooker. There are some good quality small cookers which go on a worktop which have a grill and hotplates.
Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I love my halogen cooker. This is the second one I have bought. I very rarely use my main oven, cooking all my meals in the halogen, the only time I use my hob is for making sauces, gravies and cooking eggs. Most veg are done in the microwave.

I find the halogen very economical and far easier to clean than getting down on my knees to clean the main oven.
I've got a JML halowave counter top oven and love it and as you say its so much easier to clean than a free standing cooker oven.
Mups post about why I haven't got space for a cooker gave me the idea to move a worktop and get a slimline cooker but I don't really need an oven, its controllable rings I need to stop burning non stick off the pans.
I need to measure up as if I take the small worktop down, buy cooker, it might give me more room to open the kitchen cupboard that I cannot open at present.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I've got a JML halowave counter top oven and love it and as you say its so much easier to clean than a free standing cooker oven.
Mups post about why I haven't got space for a cooker gave me the idea to move a worktop and get a slimline cooker but I don't really need an oven, its controllable rings I need to stop burning non stick off the pans.
I need to measure up as if I take the small worktop down, buy cooker, it might give me more room to open the kitchen cupboard that I cannot open at present.

Don't forget you might also have to make room for a dog bed soon.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top