Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 08:52 PM

Re: Chronic Wound.

It's tragic isn't it. There are no words really..... well there are, we all know there are. It's dreadful but also now there is light on the horizon after 2 yrs fighting your corner about your health and getting nowhere.

Things should look a lot brighter for you now Nom. Good luck and here's a hug whether you want one or not
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 09:00 PM

As per the others,

Good luck with this - hope it turns out well for you and finally gets sorted.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 02:05 AM

2015? I can't imagine how much discomfort and frustration you have had to endure! Identification of the pathophysiology of the wound will be helpful in coming up with a treatment program. The autoimmune process is so complex that it is challenging to determine which part of the process needs to be targets, but the advances of late have been amazing. Well done in advocating for yourself. I wish you a fast, accurate diagnosis, and a treatment plan that finally works.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 08:20 AM

Thanks folks, what i found frustrating was pointing out everytime when i attended that there had been no change, yet all i got was an NHS equivalent to a condescending pat on the head and fobbed off with drivel.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 10:24 AM

Sorry to hear that Nom. My mum has been battling against a wound for just over a year now but has received excellent care. Originally, they were suggesting that her foot would have to be amputated but they managed to restrict it to two toes. Her wound was started by a careless chiropodist.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sorry to hear that Nom. My mum has been battling against a wound for just over a year now but has received excellent care. Originally, they were suggesting that her foot would have to be amputated but they managed to restrict it to two toes. Her wound was started by a careless chiropodist.
My wound is the result of loosing two toes to amputation LD and at first it healed rapidly but stopped doing so and this is the eighth typed of dressing they have tried, i go one a month to have it checked but dress it myself at home all this from what amounted to a paper cut on my big toe.

Pays to keep close watch on any damaged skin.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
My wound is the result of loosing two toes to amputation LD and at first it healed rapidly but stopped doing so and this is the eighth typed of dressing they have tried, i go one a month to have it checked but dress it myself at home all this from what amounted to a paper cut on my big toe.

Pays to keep close watch on any damaged skin.
I agree Nom. I hope things improve for you mate.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top