Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 07:24 PM

On My Own

It seems Im on my own,no one kows how to help me.For the second time in a week I was taken to Hospital for breathing difficulty ,the after a few hours discharged into my GPs care. My GP promised me she would talk to a Cardiologist but she rang me a while ago to say she wasnt able to talk to him and is referring me to a team which will assess my needs. I still dont feel well but it seems like no one is going to help me.I dread tonight I will probably be sitting in my arm chair in m sitting room,same as has been for the past coupl of weeks,its impossible for me to stay in bed
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 07:28 PM

Re: On My Own

Oh dear I am so sorry to hear this deylon.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 07:41 PM

Push for the cardio appointment..

I dont want to scare you but my late SIL had copd, and for about a year she had infections and was exhausted in and out of hospital where the doctors kept giving her steriods and sending her home. Evenutally one doctor did an ecg and said my SIL had some heart problems and so she would organise a cardiologist to see her...

It never happened because she died two days later.

Maybe if someone had spotted the problem a bit earlier?

Push for that appointment just to be sure.,
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 08:09 PM

Outrageous, Deylon! Is there no-one to fight your corner for you? A neighbour, perhaps? Someone who can phone maybe 111, or anybody, to stress how ill you are?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Outrageous, Deylon! Is there no-one to fight your corner for you? A neighbour, perhaps? Someone who can phone maybe 111, or anybody, to stress how ill you are?

Deylon, I agree with Jazzi.

Could your son not phone 111 for you? a

You can't be left like this, it is all wrong. Do not allow them to fob you off!

Can you not tell them you cannot wait, and you need to be seen quickly now?
Tell them you are frightened to go to bed.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 08:17 PM

So sorry to hear that Dylon.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 08:22 PM

I would phone 999 and get taken back in, tell them you have breathing difficulties and are alone, they can't refuse, surely!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I would phone 999 and get taken back in, tell them you have breathing difficulties and are alone, they can't refuse, surely!

Yes Tess, I think you are right.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 08:25 PM

Where are the caring doctors & medics you see portrayed in TV programmes? You have to laugh at their dedication don't you?

Unfortunately they don't exist in real life!!

It's an absolute disgrace Deylon - I feel so sad for you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 08:29 PM

I think they're all hiding with the ones that can actually be bothered to diagnose what's wrong and don't just tell you to try medication and see what happens Carol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top