Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 08:47 PM

Re: On My Own

Oh Deylon.... you poor love. I really feel for you. It's bad enough in the daytime, but night time makes everything so much worse.

Is your son there with you?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 09:09 PM

As said I have been in Hospital twice with this problem, 1st 111 then 999, they take xrays & blood tests,say its due to my heart and send me home after a few hours for my GPs care,She has rang me but wasnt able to talk to the ardiologist,but is asking a team of health carers to come to see me.I have seen them before , they seeif you need any care in the home etc.which I dont
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 09:18 PM

Deylon are you able to get one of those pager things that go on a string around your neck? They're very useful if you're on your own. You press it and someone will ring you, if they can't get an answer they will ring a friend or neighbour or family member (if there is anyone close by), to check on you, or phone a paramedic or ambulance if necessary.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 09:48 PM

Deylon, keep pushing. It doesn't matter how many times they see you or send you home, you need help straight away and need to be kept in hospital where they can keep an eye on you.

I'm not trying to scare you but it's possible that your worrying about sleeping tonight is making things worse for you. You need to feel safe and relaxed.

So please ring 999 again and in the meantime sit by an open window if possible so that you get more air.

Sending you hugs and best wishes.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 10:49 PM

I knew a man once who had an oxygen tank at the side of his chair with a mask to breathe through when needed.

Do you think anything like that would help you Deylon?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 11:20 PM

If its your heart Deylon then you should be refferred to your local Heart Failure team.
Some years ago I drove myself to Basildon hospital because I found it really hard to breath (can't stand ambulances) anyways it worked out that having emphysema had caused my heart problems. I was diagnosed with LVD...Left Ventricular Dysfunction now on betta blockers and perindopril to slow it down. Still have the odd days when I get short of breath but I just lay down and take it easy.
Definetely tell your gp you wish to be refferred to the Heart Failure team they will sort you out.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 08:14 AM

Sad to say Deylon but like you ive found being single means the NHS give a lesser service as there is no one looking over their shoulder, im afraid you have to shout louder and longer to get their attention.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Where are the caring doctors & medics you see portrayed in TV programmes? You have to laugh at their dedication don't you?

Unfortunately they don't exist in real life!!

It's an absolute disgrace Deylon - I feel so sad for you.
Oh so wrong Carol darlin'. As you may have seen, earlier this year (and still continuing) I had major health problem necessitating several trips to hospital in the back of a 'yellow peril' (ambulance) and a week's stay in the cardiac unit (because there were no beds left in Haematology. Subsequently I have been attending hospital twice a week for continuing tests. The care I have received from the ambulance crews, the nurses, doctors and ancilliary staff has been exemplary, notwithstanding my local hospital is currently 'in special measures'.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Hi Deylon I hope you had a better night, x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 09:03 AM

Good morning Deylon, how are you today?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top