Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 07:56 PM

Re: Autumn adventures.

I've only seen swallows in flight so I've never noticed the red on their faces ... lovely
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 08:24 PM

What gorgeous photos Nom.
I've fallen in love with the Wheatear.
I must be a dreadful thickie, I've not heard of half these birds.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I've only seen swallows in flight so I've never noticed the red on their faces ... lovely
Do you know what myrtle.... I was just thinking the very same thing.

Great pics Nom as always.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do you know what myrtle.... I was just thinking the very same thing.

Great pics Nom as always.
I can't see the red ... even with my glasses on
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:24 AM

So pleased you were able to have such an idyllic outing. I am surprised how many of the same species we see here in Florida.

Thank you so much for letting us capture in a frame what we can only see for a fleeting moment. Your photos are spectacular!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 10:37 AM

Just one trip out last week found me walking from the North of my patch down to the wetland.

The weather is not good for migration as its westerly. starting at Hartley cliffs i found a Little Egret among the rock pools.

Also a couple of Fulmar riding the updrafts.

I stop frequently as my legs protest, but i can sit in the Rollator and scan the fields and bushes for wildlife.

Still a few flowers about, like Ragwort, Vipers Bugloss and Meadowsweet, most of the thistles have gone to seed which will drag in the finches and hopefully the farmer will harvest his crops and that will provide stubble which is great for pipits larks and buntings.

Butterflies included Red Admiral, Small Copper and Small whites. and a single Common Darter showed briefly.

Arriving at the wetland i checked for any new arrivals, but my attention was drawn by movement on the wall.

Turns out it was a Jumping spider that im stilll trying to ID its only about 3 mm long.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 10:58 AM

Lovely place to visit Nom. That spider is very well hidden on the wall. Good spotting.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 10:35 PM

That looks an interesting place to visit Nom...

Lovely photos once again ..... that's a very strange spider
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2017, 10:42 PM

Such beautiful scenery - and fantastic photos. If I lived a bit nearer I'd be knocking on your door for a few lessons!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 08:55 AM

Thanks all, ive been looking at the weather forecast towards the end of the week and the winds is turning northerly. Possible birds in the North Sea, but i have 2 NHS appointments.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top