Join for free
Page 53 of 62 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 > Last »
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 12:16 PM

Re: Artangel Bistro And Wine Bar Now Open In A Town By You!!

You poor thing are you alright? If the lump starts a numbness in the hand go seek medical advise, I had almost the same injury and the lump started getting bigger and was told it's normal for that type of injury, took about a year and it went away on its own. It's a fluid buildup, exactly what they call it not sure but it is harmless unless it starts to affect the nerves and feelings in the hand , they can drain it, simply sticking a needle in it. Again YOU POOR THING Hope you feel better soon.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 12:17 PM

I think what you are describing may be a ganglion or maybe not what do i know?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
You poor thing are you alright? If the lump starts a numbness in the hand go seek medical advise, I had almost the same injury and the lump started getting bigger and was told it's normal for that type of injury, took about a year and it went away on its own. It's a fluid buildup, exactly what they call it not sure but it is harmless unless it starts to affect the nerves and feelings in the hand , they can drain it, simply sticking a needle in it. Again YOU POOR THING Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks DR I am getting there and only had one painkiller today. I can make a fist, so the nurse told me that they wouldn't even do an x ray if I can do that!
I am so right handed that the worst thing is being unable to use my right hand.... have to have my dinner cut up for me
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 05:47 PM

Oh, Twink, Poor you. Plus the shock of it. I hope it will soon be better.
I'm a bit annoyed that you used our 'extermination' pillows to rest your hand on as we are running short of them! Ha!

Thank You for standing in for me whilst l had my gall bladder out.....which is on view at reception!

Make sure you send in your sick note to HR or l'll have to dock your wages!!

(It's a good job, you understand my silly humour!))
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 06:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your fall, Twink. I hope your hand...and pride...did not endure too much injury.

Gravity storms are the worst!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh, Twink, Poor you. Plus the shock of it. I hope it will soon be better.
I'm a bit annoyed that you used our 'extermination' pillows to rest your hand on as we are running short of them! Ha!

Thank You for standing in for me whilst l had my gall bladder out.....which is on view at reception!

Make sure you send in your sick note to HR or l'll have to dock your wages!!

(It's a good job, you understand my silly humour!))
Dont laugh, but I can't get a sick note as I am unable to drive to the doctors, I cant manage to get on the bus ( I have a huge bruise on my right hip) and my sister doesn't drive.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

23-09-2017, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Sorry to hear about your fall, Twink. I hope your hand...and pride...did not endure too much injury.

Gravity storms are the worst!
I think a week of pain, my sisters cooking and having to be helped to get dressed are the worst I will suffer.
She did make a lovely pasta bake, but I had to eat it, left handed with a spoon.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 06:28 PM

Awww Twink, sorry to hear you have been in the wars and wishing a speedy recovery

I did look in looking a large red and a plate of chips and cheese ( I'm a classy bird, I use a fork not fingers) but if there's no other staff on I shall wander on a bit further
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Dont laugh, but I can't get a sick note as I am unable to drive to the doctors, I cant manage to get on the bus ( I have a huge bruise on my right hip) and my sister doesn't drive.

Twink darlin' - as I said earlier, we used to be able to get opium and lead solution to use as compress, to treat sprains and bruises. Regretttably, such medication is no longer available, so to treat bruises now there is Arnica - get yourself a tube of Arnica cream, smooth it on and wrap the affected area in a crepe bandage again.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think what you are describing may be a ganglion or maybe not what do i know?
If it is a ganglion - you are supposed to hit it with the bible and tell it to begone !

Page 53 of 62 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top