Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 02:30 PM

Re: Council house crackdown

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Julie the highlighted section just demonstrates my point! Very few are raped and, if the relationship isn't stable, no baby should be born to make it so! The baby would have a very difficult life, often with no father, and there is no excuse for it because contraceptives are readily available, in many forms.
I know a young woman who deliberately got pregnant to a boy at 16... needless to say the relationship failed but she was given a council house for her and the child. Then she moved a new boyfriend in, had a baby with him and is currently having another one. Throughout 10 years the smother and both boyfriends haven't worked....although the first boyfriend had now realized he is and adult, got a job and is paying toward the keep of his daughter!
It is time girls had more respect for themselves and weren't so desperate to produce babies they cannot provide for!
I completely agree with you twink I was just explaining why not saying it was right.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Doesn't mean it doesn't happen though does it. Thankfully I haven't any in my friends circle either but I still see it happen.
It may happen less if we stop putting people with babies at the top of the lists though! There are plenty of people who need a home, not because they deliberately tried to get one by getting pregnant, but because they have reasons that are beyond their control!
These girls have a home before they get pregnant, but they soon become homeless when it suits their needs...... why don't their parents offer a home to their grandchild...... many did in the past?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 02:43 PM

It may happen less if we stop putting people with babies at the top of the lists though! There are plenty of people who need a home, not because they deliberately tried to get one by getting pregnant, but because they have reasons that are beyond their control!
These girls have a home before they get pregnant, but they soon become homeless when it suits their needs...... why don't their parents offer a home to their grandchild...... many did in the past?
I agree, but we can't see children suffer that's the conundrum IMO if we treat the parents as we want what about the child who never asked to be born.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 02:51 PM

I agree, but we can't see children suffer that's the conundrum IMO if we treat the parents as we want what about the child who never asked to be born.
Many were put up for adoption in the past. With parents who are more interested in sex and getting a house, than the small child they had created... perhaps the child would be better off adopted!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-09-2017, 03:00 PM

Many were put up for adoption in the past. With parents who are more interested in sex and getting a house, than the small child they had created... perhaps the child would be better off adopted!
I'm not sure, I do see what you say is practical but to me that is rather too harsh. I think that bond between child and mother has to be sacrosanct. We've done the bad girls go to places to have children and the babies are taken from them back in the fifties I don't think that actually worked too well and we all see that as barbaric these days. So I can't agree we go backwards like that.

What I would like to see is accommodation that puts the young women in one house together so they can support each other and provide child care for each other. So they can work etc and make their lives better. I'd also make the men pay for upkeep of the children. If they want to avoid paying for 18 years then don't get a girl pregnant.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 03:45 PM

Why are there no houses ?

They used to be called council houses, these days that's not pejorative enough so in the age of right to buy and self sufficiency they have been relabeled Social Housing.

And are dispensed to those most in need......aka council tenants.

Mean while the likes of Fergus Wilson after a couple of years struggling to juggle mortgage repayments on his portfolio of housing, has now reached critical mass where he can dictate who rents his houses. Those barred include .............zero-hour workers, single parents and "battered wives", he has also banned parents with children under 18, and Indian and Pakistanis due to "the curry smell".

So rather than a pool of council owned and managed homes, all those ex council homes are in the hands of private landlords who by their nature are there to make profit.
This has pushed up rental values country wide, raising the costs to local councils who are duty bound to re house the homeless, and ironically caused low cost Social Housing more attractive to criminals.

So.................who is to blame, apart from the unmarried mother's parents........our generation or the off spring of our generation ?

I put most of it down to the Social engineering of the Iron Lady the late Maggie Thatcher.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-09-2017, 03:51 PM

I do agree but o also think years ago we didn't have so many one person house holds and men having several families all taking up a home. Just locally there's a chap been married three times four kids with each wife all needed a home, then his twelve kids got a council house each ! Because couldn't leave them in over crowded homes. Just one or two families like that in an area can make a huge problem.
It's the problem you pointed out too. When both come together we get where we are today.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 05:00 PM

Do you think children will suffer if they live with their grandparents?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I put most of it down to the Social engineering of the Iron Lady the late Maggie Thatcher.
Ah, I wondered how long it would be before criticisms of Margaret Thatcher, our best PM in modern times, appeared.

You are Joe, and I claim my £5!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, I wondered how long it would be before criticisms of Margaret Thatcher,
What exactly would you attribute the the current housing crisis to ?

All those pesky foreign johnny come latelies ?

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top