Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:32 PM

Idiots in Charge

Hi

Here we are, heading for Brexit, talks not going well, the Government in disarray and this is what Gove, one of the leading Brexiteers in the Cabinet has come up with.

https://www.farminguk.com/news/Briti...tes_47545.html

Unbelievable.

If we sold every pigs ear we produce to China, that would be a huge £2 million a year.

If we do not ear tag them, the pigs have to be tattooed , which costs vasty more than an ear tag.

There is no hope for us with idiots like this in charge.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:40 PM

Re: Idiots in Charge

You honestly could not make it up could you?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Here we are, heading for Brexit, talks not going well, the Government in disarray and this is what Gove, one of the leading Brexiteers in the Cabinet has come up with.

Unbelievable.

If we sold every pigs ear we produce to China, that would be a huge £2 million a year.

If we do not ear tag them, the pigs have to be tattooed , which costs vasty more than an ear tag.

Been like that for the last seven years - you just haven't noticed.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 08:45 PM

Hi

Unbelievable.

I think it says more about you that you would place so much importance on such a minor issue.

You've lost all sense of scale.

Why do all anti- Brexiteers such as yourself expect everything about these negotiations to be done a dusted so easily and painlessly. We are dealing with the EU the nastiest, most intransigent, uncompromising Empire since the Eastern bloc.
Far from being in disarray I would suggest the Government is progressing the negotiations exactly as can be expected
considering who we are dealing with.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I think it says more about you that you would place so much importance on such a minor issue.

You've lost all sense of scale.

Why do all anti- Brexiteers such as yourself expect everything about these negotiations to be done a dusted so easily and painlessly. We are dealing with the EU the nastiest, most intransigent, uncompromising Empire since the Eastern bloc.
Far from being in disarray I would suggest the Government is progressing the negotiations exactly as can be expected
considering who we are dealing with.
Hi

If you had taken the time and trouble to read my numerous posts you would have known that far from being anti Brexit, I voted brexit and am a supporter of it.

I did not expect negotiations to be painless when I voted for Brexit, I did however have reasonable expectations that instead of fighting amongst themselves the Government would have got on with the job of getting the systems in place to allow us to leave without a Transition Period and without having to pay the EU after we left in 2019.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 07:24 AM

Hi

If you had taken the time and trouble to read my numerous posts you would have known that far from being anti Brexit, I voted brexit and am a supporter of it.

I did not expect negotiations to be painless when I voted for Brexit, I did however have reasonable expectations that instead of fighting amongst themselves the Government would have got on with the job of getting the systems in place to allow us to leave without a Transition Period and without having to pay the EU after we left in 2019.
Yes, I realise you claim to support Brexit but you aren't supporting the people tasked to deliver it.

No-one else is going to deliver it as only the The Gov't has the authority to do that.

You should save your anger and criticism for the EU and be highlighting the arrogant , deliberate spoiling tactics of their efforts to undermine the UK Governments legitimate and democratically mandated right to progress Brexit.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 07:42 AM

So basically you think citizens should be muzzled and unquestioningly give the government free reign without any criticism or objections? Since when is that what people voted for? It's funny though because it's actually leave voters who most want to tell the government what to do and how to do it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-10-2017, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Yes, I realise you claim to support Brexit but you aren't supporting the people tasked to deliver it.

No-one else is going to deliver it as only the The Gov't has the authority to do that.

You should save your anger and criticism for the EU and be highlighting the arrogant , deliberate spoiling tactics of their efforts to undermine the UK Governments legitimate and democratically mandated right to progress Brexit.
Hi

I do not support those charged with delivering it because they are doing a lousy job of it.

As regards the rest of your, the EU are in no way undermining Brexit at all, they are not in a position to.

All the EU are doing is saying, leave by all means, however you pressed the button knowing that you would be leaving in two years.

If you have messed up and need an extension of two years to get ready, then that is entirely your problem, not ours.

If you want a transition period, to get your house in order, you can have one, it will cost you.

The EU is under absolutely no obligation at all to enter into a Free Trade Agreement with the UK when we leave.

It is the UK which is asking for one.

The UK is saying No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

The EU is saying, fine, that suits us, off you go without one.

WTO Rules, which is No Deal, suits the EU because it only covers goods.

Most of our Exports to the EU are services, not covered WTO and which the EU can just take off us by insisting that they be based in the EU and pay Tax in the EU.

We cannot blame the EU for playing hardball, we are leaving and becoming a competitor.

We would do the same.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 09:40 AM

Hi

Unbelievable.

Given the Tory party's election results last time, perhaps they should avoid the words "Pigs Ear" at all costs.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Always remember the French and Germans only know one word " NO ".

It us up to use to teach them the word "YES" but that is hard to teach to them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top