Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 11:40 PM

Re: Strictly Come Dancing Launch Show

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The tribute to Brucie was very nice, even Tess was fighting to hold back the tears at one time when she was talking.

I didn't know many of the celebs but no doubt I'll get used to them.

Yes, I saw Tess was upset too, Mags.

Likewise, I didn't know quite a few of the celebs either.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I heard about this Rehab, but I thought it was said it is not likely to happen any time soon - if ever?
What makes you say it will happen next time round?

Personally, I think it will spoil it for me.
Now I will no doubt be in trouble for saying that.

I enjoyed the starter tonight, and as Missy said, I thought it a very nice tribute to B.F. too.
BBC saying no, coz it's a family show..whatever that means, but, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-come-dancing/
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 08:14 AM

Yes, the tribute was lovely, I liked Brucie

The dresses as expected were fabulous, shame some of those dancers have let themselves go
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 09:59 AM

Well that took 15 minutes when on ff with all the blabbing cut out... Recognised a couple of 'celebs' and it will be nice getting to know the others.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 10:22 AM

It always amuses me how the professionals look so pleased to be paired with the ones that will probably go first.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It always amuses me how the professionals look so pleased to be paired with the ones that will probably go first.

I thought that LD
For some of the pros their hearts must sink knowing they can never win particularly those chaps paired with some portly woman who can't be lifted without doing themselves an injury...

I supposed they get paid well though and have the compensation of not having to struggle with them for too many weeks.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I gather that due to pressure from the PC brigade that there will be same sex dancing couples in the next series...I look forward to the classic Dirty Dancing routine done by two blokes. Anton with Alan Carr should be a giggle....
Yes. Susan Calman, the well known lesbian Scottish comedian who had a desire to be in the show has been pilloried on social media and on Twitter by the LGBT community for daring to dance with a `straight` partner and has had to defend herself and the decision.

Yet another example of the tail trying to wag the dog by the loud-mouthed minority.

ETA. I didn't watch it BTW, I'd sooner watch paint dry.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Yes. Susan Calman, the well known lesbian Scottish comedian who had a desire to be in the show has been pilloried on social media and on Twitter by the LGBT community for daring to dance with a `straight` partner and has had to defend herself and the decision.

Yet another example of the tail trying to wag the dog by the loud-mouthed minority.

I do watch it, because she who must be adored likes it, but the thought of watching two blokes dancing together and watching a femnazi dressed like a bloke with an attractive female dancer would certainly be the time to switch channels
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

I heard about this on the radio this morning. What relation is there between one's sexual orientation, to dancing the waltz or tango or whatever? I agree with your last sentence, I too have never watched it nor wished to. Dont watch X Factor nor Master Chef et all, cant stand them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Here we go, the start of a new series

Tonight at 7:00pm

The 15 celebrities will be paired up with their professional dance partners .... I'll be interested to see who Anton gets this year, he was treated kindly last year.
I read this list of 'celebrities' and didn't recognise a single name.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top