Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 05:30 PM

Film. A Monster Calls

A Monster Calls, starring Lewis MacDougall as the boy, Sigourney Weaver and as the voice of the monster Liam Neeson.
A very sad, but I found thought provoking film, brought back memories of my mum in law.. Definitely not for young children or people who have no soul.
Some very good CGI and some nice pieces of artwork included in the film.
Rating, 1 full box of tissues.
Only just finished watching it and no, I've just got something in my eye that's all.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 05:53 PM

Re: Film. A Monster Calls

was this on TV,Cinema or Video ? a box of tissues is a good rating .
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 08:15 PM

Sorry should have said it was on Amazon.
Imagine watching Love Story but with some clever CGI thrown in.
Lots of tears at the end so hence the box of tissues rating. Not that it affected me at all, it was just something in my eye that caused the tears rolling down my cheeks. 😭
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 09:04 PM

Thanks MC. sounds like one to look out for .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top