Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 01:24 PM

Re: Affordable housing???

Why didn't the Labour Party in the 12 years they were in office change it then ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
UJ do you think you can just for once actually address a question as one does in a discussion rather than these childish rants ?

I was under the impression I had, and that you fully understood the parliamentary processes, seems I'm wrong on that. Once legislation is on the statute books, its not so easy to remove and expunge it - it takes up valuable parliamentary time.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 01:32 PM

And the financial reality is that the council has to pay over the odds to rehouse people often in ex council housing who find themselves homeless with kids.

It could be said they don't deserve to be rehoused at our expense in subsidised *spit* social housing and that putting them in hotels and bed sits is better for us all............punishing them is costing a lot more in the long run than the cost of supplying real low cost *spit* social housing........but the all mighty profit is lost of course......unless you are a carpet bagging buy to let private landlord.

And that is the unacceptable face of Tory ideology.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 01:39 PM

Why didn't the Labour Party in the 12 years they were in office change it then ?
As an almost unbiased onlooker I think that at the time it was thought OK, but with hind sight......look at the state of the whole housing situation today.

And I don't personally believe the lack of replacing *spit* social housing and the growth in property prices is ALL down to immigration.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
As an almost unbiased onlooker I think that at the time it was thought OK, but with hind sight......look at the state of the whole housing situation today.

And I don't personally believe the lack of replacing *spit* social housing and the growth in property prices is ALL down to immigration.

No matey, it wasn't but as I pointed out above, it takes up a lot of parliamentary time to change legislation, particularly since at that time there was an inbuilt scumbag 'nasty party' majority in the HoL and getting legislation past the hereditary hooray henrys there would be a major task.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 04:48 PM

It didn't help Bliar was a Tory in disguise, he and his blairites and Maggie and hers were all out of same mould.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No matey, it wasn't but as I pointed out above, it takes up a lot of parliamentary time to change legislation, particularly since at that time there was an inbuilt scumbag 'nasty party' majority in the HoL and getting legislation past the hereditary hooray henrys there would be a major task.
That's nonsense!
The Labour party in 12 years could have changed it if it wanted too .
Hooray Henrys are rich kids who frequent clubs not the house of Lords
There are plenty of LABOUR peers sitting in the house that could have changed this but it wasn't AFAIK even attempted
The fact is that the Labour government was au fait with this arrangement indeed it would have looked extremely bad if a Labour government had taken away the chance for many people of actually owning their own home.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-09-2017, 05:35 PM

That's nonsense!
The Labour party in 12 years could have changed it if it wanted too .
Hooray Henrys are rich kids who frequent clubs not the house of Lords
There are plenty of LABOUR peers sitting in the house that could have changed this but it wasn't AFAIK even attempted
The fact is that the Labour government was au fait with this arrangement indeed it would have looked extremely bad if a Labour government had taken away the chance for many people of actually owning their own home.

Wrong yet again. Go back in time to 1997. At that time the 'nasty party' had, by virtue of the hereditary peers an overwhelming majority in HoL. Thus any legislation had to pass the HoL, not an easy task , in fact, given the intention of that possible legislation an almost impossible one. Furthermore, there were, at that time, because of the mess that Major had made, more pressing demands on parliamentary time.

Oh and ask yourself how many scumbag 'nasty party' members of parliament (in either house) had shares in or owned estate agents, or building companies. Had Bliar (even if he wanted to) attempted to put this legislation through he would have had a major fight on his hands.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

14-09-2017, 05:54 PM

I don't believe this at all.
I dont know how many MPS had shares in estate agents or building companies at that time and neither do you.
Sale of council houses is only a part of the housing/building market which has been buoyant for years.
Had Tony Blair wished to change this legislation he would have done so .
The man is not and was not adverse to a fight .
He took the country ( with the full backing of both houses) into a war remember?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-09-2017, 06:02 PM

I don't believe this at all.
I dont know how many MPS had shares in estate agents or building companies at that time and neither do you.
Sale of council houses is only a part of the housing/building market which has been buoyant for years.
Had Tony Blair wished to change this legislation he would have done so .
The man is not and was not adverse to a fight .
He took the country ( with the full backing of both houses) into a war remember?

No, I don't know all of them, but it just so happens that Lord McAlpine (he of McAlpine builders) just so happened to be the scumbag 'nasty party's Treasurer at the time. Now tell me that he had no influence over scumbag 'nasty party' policy.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top