Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 07:42 PM

Copper joint supports

Has anyone tried 'copper infused ' joint supports ? I keep thinking of getting one but am not sure if theyre any better than ordinary supports
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 07:41 AM

Re: Copper joint supports

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Has anyone tried 'copper infused ' joint supports ? I keep thinking of getting one but am not sure if theyre any better than ordinary supports

Copper??? - won't you get vertigris???
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 09:17 AM

My husband has a few 'copper' knee supports but he found they were no better than an ordinary support.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 07:53 PM

Thanks Mags, Ive decided to get an ordinary one. I did try to order one the other day, thought Id have a look at it, but despite trying several times the catelogue operator kept saying she couldnt find my postcode so couldnt order [ I even spelled my post code out to her letter by letter to no avail]
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2017, 02:43 PM

Hi, Deylon. I apologize for seeing and responding to this late. Here in the U.S., the Federal Trade Commission is taing copper garment, band, and support companies to court because none of the claims that copper relives pain have been proven. In fact, every study but one (that had problems with protocol) showed that copper made no difference whatsoever.

I hope that makes you feel better about your decision on which suppor and, more importantly, that you get some relief for your joint pain!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top