Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 07:16 AM

Re: Do you swear......

When things go wrong I am sure most people utter a swear word, but it never relates to what has made the cross.

The F word could be used to relate to quite a pleasant experience, but on the rare occasion that I use it, the word becomes a means of stressing my anger or frustration.....probably because I was taught that it is a "bad word"!
Under those circumstances I would never judge somebody as bad, because they said it, but I don't like it when it becomes part of everyday language.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 07:21 AM

Swearing is not part of my everyday language but if I get really mad which is rare yes I do swear to let off steam. I reckon it's better to swear than to give someone a slap round the chops it's funny how everyone scarpers if I swear they know it's serious

I think swear words in a joke can be funny too
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 07:46 AM

I am a very patient person, I only swear when someone really does upset me or if my computer is playing me up, otherwise No.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 07:57 AM

I never use the "C" word.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Only in Scrabble, for a laugh, or, if it means the difference between winning or losing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
... Eventually you become immune to bad language
I could never be immune to it, Azure, I find it so offensive. I do not swear myself, nor do I tolerate others swearing when in conversation with me.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 08:16 AM

Strange how different nationalities have a different idea about swear words and the use of....In Spain they use" Coņo"(our C word) a lot even to their kids.

It's used as a figure of speech to describe joy, surprise etc.

Tone makes it offensive or not.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 08:17 AM

Never swore in front of my children , don't use bad language in front of granchildren, but can really swear when I'm alone and frustrated .

Getting dressed this morning I put my shirt on back to front 3 times ......yes I swore
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What? Crikey?

I am afraid I have uttered it under stress.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 08:51 AM

I would never swear whilst in conversation with someone. I wince when l hear a woman swear in conversation.
I have never heard my children swear but that doesn't mean they don't swear! It was not allowed when they were at home, that is one thing my husband and l were very strict about.

The 'C' word is the worst swear word of the lot!

I do admit to a few swear words in my own company, you know if you're annoyed about something, or accidentally hurt yourself.
I always say, 'Sorry God', if l swear!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top