Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 03:53 PM

Re: Do you swear......

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I never swore in front of my children. One day my daughter about three came indoors having been playing in the garden. She showed me her hands and said "Look Mummy, bloody mud". I told her that it wasn't nice to say that, but to go up to the bathroom and wash her hands. She stomped off up the stairs, saying "bloody mud" on every step.

I might add, as an adult she does not swear.
That's so sweet CeeCee children say the funniest things.

This might not fit with swearing but its funny, my little grandson started school last week, at the end of the first day he told his mum he had met God (its a Catholic school) he added God was a woman but didn't elaborate.

The following day my daughter took him into school she spoke briefly to the Headmistress they laughed about something and my daughter continued to the classroom, whereupon my little grandson told her she must not laugh with that woman (Headmistress) She is GOD he declared
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
if I get very quiet and very polite, I am extremely angry and it is time to disappear ASAP.
You have the same type of charactar as my Dad Swimfeeders. He could also clear a room with a look. I never heard my Dad swear but I'm the opposite. I invent new swear words when things go pear shaped.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2017, 04:47 PM

I have to admit I do let the odd choice word out every now and again. Only at hubby though if he is winding me up.

We don't have kids so hopefully no one else hears me. I hope.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2017, 07:47 PM

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Yes, it has been known.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Swearing is the language of today.
Most children now copy their parents and swear like troopers
I use to drive a Cab. Quite often you'd pick up a family with young kids, as a fare. The kids who were often only 4 or 5yrs old would often come out with the F word, the parents, instead of telling them off, would only laugh. I use to think the poor kids have no chance, they're getting brought up to think that's normal, and they know if they say it, people will think they're funny.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top