Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 02:37 PM

Re: Diane Abbott

It would appear that we can say just about anything directed at any MP or PM and they are all constantly are under attack by a barrage of abuse from either side. That is the beauty of free speech. When Diane comes under the same scenario it would appear that it's not acceptable.
MP are in position of their choosing, it's a voluntary act to be there, just like a prisoner and they know the implications and they should stop singling themselves out when they don't like what they hear .
If they don't have the personality to deal with these things and ability to cope they shouldn't be there.Just like Chuka Umunna didn't when he was intending to go for Labour leader. He pulled out because of his personal life being encroached upon and fair play to him.
Diane is a big baby, and brings most of it on herself through her own words.

With regard to her ill health, Mrs May has the same illness as Diane .
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 02:48 PM

If you are in public office, it is fair game to criticise anything you say or do.However, there is a vast difference between that and Personal Abuse, which is what I started this thread about.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 03:14 PM

I can understand her inability to do her job properly being pointed out but not the personal attacks. She is supposed to be working for us so her work should be scrutinized, nothing else.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
It would appear that we can say just about anything directed at any MP or PM and they are all constantly are under attack by a barrage of abuse from either side. That is the beauty of free speech. When Diane comes under the same scenario it would appear that it's not acceptable.
MP are in position of their choosing, it's a voluntary act to be there, just like a prisoner and they know the implications and they should stop singling themselves out when they don't like what they hear .
If they don't have the personality to deal with these things and ability to cope they shouldn't be there.Just like Chuka Umunna didn't when he was intending to go for Labour leader. He pulled out because of his personal life being encroached upon and fair play to him.
Diane is a big baby, and brings most of it on herself through her own words.

With regard to her ill health, Mrs May has the same illness as Diane .
I don't know if you've ever had what they have but I can honestly say if I have a badly controlled sugar count I wouldn't want to count, drive or anything else needs me to be aware and able. It's a horrible feeling. Only thing I blame her for in that situation was she should have spoken up and said she felt unwell and not tried to carry on. She's a parent she was risking her life and that's not on IMO
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
And she was ill on all the other gaffes? That is a very feeble excuse.
Mind you if a Labour Party spin doctor vacancy was to come available you might be in the running
I'd not want that job I can't tell lies so I'd be no good at spinning for any party. I tend to speak up if I see wrong doing no matter who does it.

I'm a humble member of the party nothing more. I think I might be a bit too left wing for the leadership anyway
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 07:52 PM

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I agree - she shouldn't get abuse for things she cannot help - being a woman, being black etc. Her opinions, however, like those of us all, are fair game and I regularly criticise her anti-white racism and her hypocrisy.
I agree Mick, when I say I have no respect for her its because I don't agree with her and I don't think she has the ability to run a government department.

As Swims says respect has to be earned.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't know if you've ever had what they have but I can honestly say if I have a badly controlled sugar count I wouldn't want to count, drive or anything else needs me to be aware and able. It's a horrible feeling. Only thing I blame her for in that situation was she should have spoken up and said she felt unwell and not tried to carry on. She's a parent she was risking her life and that's not on IMO
She's actually made more comments which have been considered racist. I for one would not take note, other than she is an MP and should know better, and it would seem that others are jumping to her defence for the same thing that she would consider as racist. Hardly surprising that many are hurling abuse at her when you read this:

) Diane Abbot has claimed Brexit was triggered by racists who did not like seeing people who look 'foreign' on their streets. She Branded Brexiters "Stupid and Racist"
2) She said Brexit supporters had attacked ethnic minority voters afterwards but has no evidence to back this up
3) "London shouldn't have another white middle ages mayor"
4) "Blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls" are unsuitable as nurses because they had "never met a black person before"
5) Abbott tweeted "White people love playing 'divide and rule' We should not play their game" in 2012
6) Abbott suggested that taxi drivers discriminate on racial grounds, tweeting that she was "Dubious of black people claiming they’ve never experienced racism. Ever tried hailing a taxi I always wonder?"
7) Abbott captures a central political fact, which is that white people in western societies have benefited from their histories of colonial exploitation. .She used the hashtag "tactics as old as colonialism."
8) “West Indian mothers would go to the wall for their children”, suggesting others would not, Andrew Neil responded: "So black mums love their kids more than white mums, do they?" She could not bring herself to say mothers of every race love their children just as much.
9) The MP was investigated by the Committee on Standards and Privileges in 2004 when it emerged she had failed to declare earnings of £17,300 for appearances on The Week.
10) Has a charity that helps black children only in education and spent 29K of its 35K budget on a party for Parliament.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:38 AM

Dear me, is all that really true? makes you wonder how people can justify defending her, she should not be I the shadow cabinet that's for sure.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:58 AM

Hi

I have absolutely no issues with Diane Abbott because of her Gender, size, or Colour.

I have serious issues with her because of her incompetence and views.

I seriously object to being called Automatically Racist because I am an Enforcement Officer.

She can swan off.

A simple fact of Life, most Terrorist Attacks have been by Radical Muslims. so have most of the Rape Gangs.

I employed Muslim Enforcement Officers.

They also object to her Racist Views.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top