Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:22 AM

Re: Boris makes his move.

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Maybe reading the article in the Telegraph rather than a different viewpoint, might give a clearer picture.
As soon as Boris opens his mouth he's slammed down again, accused , or cursed.
He's no fool and the simple fact is that none of us know what goes on, none of us are as knowledgeable as he is about the issues involved, none of us know his intentions, none of us are in a fit position to make such comments because everything is based on pure conjecture of individuals .

The websites are reeling with Boris news this morning, and accusations ,all with different headlines. Makes good reading material for those who want to jump on the merry- go-around yet again. Boris probably recognises that too ! Raising all the issues again,.....he knows full well he won't be PM, but to call him a fool or buffoon or idiot ,is probably far from being anywhere near correct.
Well said , I agree with your post .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:23 AM

A liar in a corner isn't going to stop lying. They have spent that £350m three hundred and fifty million times over on different things and it's not even £350m in the first place. But then adding figures up correctly never goes well with politics....

The really nutty idea is that we are going to somehow be a low tax low reg economy and keep the health service, social care, have money for infrastructure and HS2 etc. As usual the maths and details are not considered important. The fact none of it adds up and would mean massive social change is not considered important because it won't mean social change to his ilk, may make his class richer for sure though.
"Mr Johnson uses his article to set out an upbeat vision for a ‘glorious’ post-Brexit future as a low-tax, low regulation economy freed from the shackles of Brussels."

The following is incredibly patronising to women. When has posh boy ever used a tampon? Maybe to stick in his ears when he goes "la la la la".

"'At the stroke of a pen, the Chancellor will be able to cut VAT on tampons; often demanded by parliament but – absurdly – legally impossible to deliver.’"
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:26 AM

He's no fool
Indeed he's no fool. He's good at playing one to get sympathy from the public. It's been reported spends ages making his hair all wind ruffled.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My favourite expression.

Bollocks.

Boris is a Chancer, he is solely focused on his own Political Advancement.

Win or lose, his vast income will not be affected.

I speak my mind, I tell it as it is.

I am fortunate in that I left with a good Pension in 1991 one.

The second one was down to TM.

She does not like criticism , out you go.

The second one resulted in a 20% cut in my Pension, so yes, I do have a problem with her.
he
Well Swim, you think my post is bollocks, but at the same time , I think your post is bollocks. So who is right and who is wrong ?
Unfortunately , I'm not very interested in your own personal affairs, as there are another 63million people all with different issues.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:45 AM

Well Swim, you think my post is bollocks, but at the same time , I think your post is bollocks. So who is right and who is wrong ?
Unfortunately , I'm not very interested in your own personal affairs, as there are another 63million people all with different issues.
Hi

Another 63 Million?

That was not the result of the Referendum.

The fact that you cannot do simple Maths is not my issue, it is yours.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 10:59 AM

Hi

Another 63 Million?

That was not the result of the Referendum.

The fact that you cannot do simple Maths is not my issue, it is yours.
If you read correctly and don't make your own translation, there are 63 million people population , all with different issues. There was no mention of who voted for Brexit and who vote for Remain.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 11:41 AM

If you read correctly and don't make your own translation, there are 63 million people population , all with different issues. There was no mention of who voted for Brexit and who vote for Remain.
Hi

I have followed your posts with interest and commented appropriately.

We are all entitled to our views, that is what a Forum is is all about.

My view is simply this.

You are a complete Financial Incompetent with no understanding at all of the current situation.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 11:59 AM

The time scale for Brexit was always completely unfeasible .
It should have been at least five years.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-09-2017, 12:25 PM

Or never. We were exempt from all the stuff we don't like - schengen, Euro, further integration. We had a rebate. We could have got more exemptions and better conditions. There's no way we would have been in any superstate or army. We should have implemented EU rules for workers. Always easier to blame the EU than our own government.....

Here's Mr sanitary product champion making a big thing about vat exempt tampons while in 2015 he voted against the movement to go and challenge the EU on this.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

16-09-2017, 12:37 PM

Hi

I have followed your posts with interest and commented appropriately.

We are all entitled to our views, that is what a Forum is is all about.

My view is simply this.

You are a complete Financial Incompetent with no understanding at all of the current situation.
Your view is fine, and I have my own but I have made no claim to being a financial wizard, or a mathematician, which must be assumed you have an Honours in both subjects. Not bad for an Enforcement Officer !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top