Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2017, 11:33 PM

Re: Saturday 23rd Sept the end of the world

They always rear their ugly heads these end of the world theories don't they,!
Tush and nonsense!

Even if it were true...
There's no such thing as the end of the world anyway ...
The end of humankind, maybe one day yes

But planet earth is good for a few trillion yet..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Not sure if any of you have heard that Saturday 23rd is supposed to be the end of the world apparently some huge planet NIBURU i think its called is going to cause our end. I think its a load of codswallop i will still be eating my roast on Sunday. There are so many stories going round over the years that it really must scare some poor folk.
Anyway i will be keeping my bottle of malt close by just in case.What will you be doing on the day?
I am heading to Wales on Saturday !
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:28 AM

I am so sure this is going to happen Sunday roast has been moved to Friday midday, roast pork carrots broccalli Roast pots, followed by ice cream and peaches...Bon Appetite everyone.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:42 AM

Apparently some think that the Earth is heading for a magnetic pole reversal which will cause catalytic global events.
I've collected all my fridge magnets and am ready to ship them to either pole if it will help counteract this.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:47 AM

Unfortunately, there will be a quite a few people who believe in these stories and will cause some to commit suicide, etc. Its funny how someone thinks they can predict the future. I believe the pole reversals are a long way off yet as we are still in the ice age but........each to their own.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 08:33 AM

I think people are getting paranoid and obsessive with this stuff.

Yes, the bible does prophesize the 'end of times' , that will come like birth pangs. Meaning they will increase a little at a time as in child birth. I don't think it ever said 'the end of the world' .

It could certainly be said that there are many indications that natural happenings are following that pattern, but I don't know where the date has arrived from.

Listed below are some:

“There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.”

in addition to earthquakes, tsunamis, famines, and pestilence, there will be notable cosmic signs

The Euphrates drying up.

Rivers and springs turning to blood

Birds falling from the sky

Fish dying in the seas

Hurricanes

The only one other than the natural disasters that I will refer to, is the army of 200 million, The riders had breastplates the colors of fire, sapphire, and brimstone. The heads of the horses were like heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone

These rivers and seas of blood coloured algae are fairly recent . The prophecies do not say what the reasons are for the signs, they just give the signs. Some think the algae is due to change in climate or temperature.
To my mind , most points to climate change. I still don't know how the date of 23rd has been arrived at, but probably because I haven't tried to find out .

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=se...=1506064524714

Birds.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bi...=1506065061619

Fish

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fi...zCQbVul6M1VNM:

Euphrates

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe...=1506065231230
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 08:37 AM

Just one more thing....I bet anyone of you will read with fascination because despite dismissing such interesting revelations, we cannot deny they have us hooked.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 08:59 AM

Well - I am off to Wales tomorrow - over Horseshoe Pass and on to Horseshoe Falls so, if the world does end, at least I will die in a beautiful place!!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

22-09-2017, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well - I am off to Wales tomorrow - over Horseshoe Pass and on to Horseshoe Falls so, if the world does end, at least I will die in a beautiful place!!
Enjoy your day out Silver Tabby, the world won't end so don't give it another thought. Rocket Man might send off another missile though !!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am heading to Wales on Saturday !
I am heading to Gloucestershire.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top