Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 11:40 PM

Re: Climate Change

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nobody is saying that the climate is not changing PD. Look back through the history of this planet. Major changes have taken place without the help of mankind or industry.
Yes, you are right OGF. It was but the 60's when it was forecast that we were heading back to the ice age. Are we ?

Who remembers snow and ice on the ground for weeks ?Burst pipes and icicles on the windows , frozen toes in welly boots? . Maybe the atmosphere is full of acids that melt the frozen rain, creating more water , evaporated into rain clouds and then floods.

Or maybe the tsunami that caused the earth to move on it's axis.

I haven't got a clue, and probably talking tosh, but something is telling us that toboggans are a waste of money these days.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Yes, you are right OGF. It was but the 60's when it was forecast that we were heading back to the ice age. Are we ?

Who remembers snow and ice on the ground for weeks ?Burst pipes and icicles on the windows , frozen toes in welly boots? . Maybe the atmosphere is full of acids that melt the frozen rain, creating more water , evaporated into rain clouds and then floods.

I haven't got a clue, and probably talking tosh, but something is telling us that toboggans are a waste of money these days.
Suits me. At my age I don't want to be slipping on the ice.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 01:15 PM

I find it hard to base an opinion on scientific findings because there is much conflicting information. I therefore base it on a feeling. This being that so much rubbish and pollution is being dished out into the atmosphere on a global scale that it most likely will be making a difference.

In the end, it maybe comes down to how an opinion was formed in the first place. If a person likes big or multiple cars, burns logs fires and isn't careful about energy usage in general, they mostly won't agree that humans are doing anything to the planet that is causing global warming. On the other hand, those who try not to do all that will often say those activities do contribute to it. Such is life.

I expect we'll manage to live our lives the way we want. Not so sure about future generations though ..whatever the reason.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 02:41 PM

The thing that annoys me is that we are being told not to do this and not to do that whist other countries, notably China, belch out all sorts of things that makes ours look like peanuts.

What we are being made to do will not make a ha'pnworth of difference compared to them.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

True, the Theories on a coming Ice Age of the late 50s and 60s probably could best be described as Hypotheses and were discredited by peer review. Anthropogenic climate change has withstood vigorous peer review for decades.

Enjoying the 4th day of record high temps here.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top