Join for free
Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 07:31 PM

Re: Trump Inauguration

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
That's why I love feminists, they always flop them out when they are annoyed about something which is nearly all the time
Mrs Fender is always annoyed when we go to the beach...
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Does anyone really care what he said in 2005 ?
Obviouly not 52% of the voters .
Why do you think America voted him in despite his crassness?
Do you think Trump's character has changed since then? Trump tried to bring in Hillary incidents from 30 years back.

Trump's vote total was 45.94% 62,980,160 votes versus
Hillary Clinton's 48.03% 65,845,063 Those totals are only among those voters that actually voted. If you count all eligible voters including those that did not vote, Trump's support would be about 23%. Clearly not a mandate.

Trump's win by electoral vote (versus popular) had less to do with him as it did with Putin's operations influencing the election, republican manipulation of phony email release panics, etc. That and Trump was never vetted for public office. So don't complain that it will be happening now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowman ->
Do you think Trump's character has changed since then? Trump tried to bring in Hillary incidents from 30 years back.

Hillary Clinton's 48.03% 65,845,063 Those totals are only among those voters that actually voted. If you count all eligible voters including those that did not vote, Trump's support would be about 23%. Clearly not a mandate.

Trump's win by electoral vote (versus popular) had less to do with him as it did with Putin's operations influencing the election, republican manipulation of phony email release panics, etc. That and Trump was never vetted for public office. So don't complain that it will be happening now.
I don't pretend to understand the American electoral system but, actual numbers aside, it seems that Trumpy won. Presumably he must have done or he wouldn't have been sworn in as President.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 11:15 PM

The way I understand their voting system ... it's counted by victories in each state?
So some states hold more people, true, which can affect the final count ... but it's so no one state irrespective of size can be more important than a smaller state and all are presumed equal.

Disclaimer: I could be wrong. I am not a politician or political analyst or skilled in demographics... have no degrees, cycling proficiency test badge or Brownie badges or gold stars off teachers under my belt.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 11:17 PM

it's not that different from our electoral system with constituencies.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
The way I understand their voting system ... it's counted by victories in each state?
So some states hold more people, true, which can affect the final count ... but it's so no one state irrespective of size can be more important than a smaller state and all are presumed equal.

Disclaimer: I could be wrong. I am not a politician or political analyst or skilled in demographics... have no degrees, cycling proficiency test badge or Brownie badges or gold stars off teachers under my belt.
Well I'm no teacher Morty, but I'd award you a gold star.......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Disclaimer: I could be wrong. I ... have no degrees, cycling proficiency test badge or Brownie badges or gold stars off teachers under my belt.
Oh, such false modesty Morty.

Surely you have a BSc (Bronze Swimming Certificate)?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowman ->

Whose complaining?
Your the American .
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 04:10 AM

I don't think the American presidential system can be made clear, or at least sensible. Each state has a certain number of electoral votes based on population (sort of), one for each Congressional District, plus 2 (one for each U.S. Senator). It gets messier when one tries to compare the states. A state like Wyoming with a population of 600,000 will get 3 electoral votes or one for about each 200,000 people, but California with a population of over 30 million will get 55 or roughly 1 vote for about each 545,000 people. Every ten years a census is done and based on the results the number of congressional districts may be redone.

President John F. Kennedy won the election and popular vote by only about 130,000 votes and felt compelled to appoint several high level posts to opposing republicans on that basis. Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million (many more if you count votes going to third party candidates), yet he has appointed no democrats. He can't figure out why people are marching in the streets.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:30 AM

Hi

All this angst about Trump the womaniser.

JFK was a huge womaniser, but conveniently forgotten now.

Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top