Join for free
Page 169 of 1676 « First < 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 669 1169 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 08:56 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I was just watching an ad on TV, something to do with home improvements, the chap in the ad actually said these words.
“And do you know what I love about it? The craftsmanship, it’s cracking”
Does anybody bother to read these ads before they film them? I mean who’d want to buy something that’s cracking? Am I missing something here or is work that is cracking the norm today?
Don't mind me I'm only having a bit of craic.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 12:55 AM

Two guys in their mid-twenties were sitting at a bar.

One of the guys says to his buddy, man you look tired.

The buddy says, dude I'm exhausted...my girlfriend and I have sex all the time. I just don't know what to do.

A middle-aged fellow sitting a couple of stools down had over-heard the conversation, looked over at the two young men and says, “Marry her…That'll put a stop to that shit! “
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:51 AM

It's nothing to do with annoying the bull,Jem-they use red capes to disguise any traces of blood from the matador. Bulls and dogs are monochrome-vision. Cats CAN see colours,but not variants on them.

Oh-I've been offered a job at an old folks day centre...bus-driver/gen maintenance. I've accepted. This low-lowder...well,they can lick-it-and-stick-it. I now await the cascade of hilarity regarding Pug chatting up grannies. {but only the well fit ones,natch...phwoooah}
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 04:34 PM

Ain’t that ever so true Gumbud, when the honeymoon is over you have to make an appointment for the next time “Oh! is it Sunday again”

Thanks again Pug, I noticed sometimes the matador has a pink cape, does that mean they are fighting a gay bull? Toredors, matadors, picadors, all bull to me, now Diana Dors, she was out on her own, lovely woman rest her soul.
That’s very considerate of you helping with the old folks Pug, your heart is in the right place. Keep your hands off the old ladies or Mrs Pug will get jealous, my missus used to be very jealous, if I got home and she found a blond hair on my jacket she’d accuse me of being out with a blond, a dark hair and I was out with a brunette, no hairs and I was out with a baldy women, yes she had it bad.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:59 PM

You should consider yourself a tad above we mere mortals,then,Jem.

The Memsahib'd snort in derision at the very idea of me ever 'pulling'.
But YOUR missus...ah,SHE knows a JEMSTONE when she sees one...
....and isn't letting go;you're her uber-valuable Honey Bunny!
[awwwww]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 08:40 AM

You wise men don't know how it feels, to be Thick as a Brick.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

25-01-2017, 02:16 PM

.....what's 'wise' mean,spitfire?
Is that like when you have two shovels to choose from and you get asked to take your pick?
As in being,like,clever 'n' stuff?
[coz I failed that test-I chose the one without a handle]
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-01-2017, 03:39 PM

“A wise man learns more from a fool than a fool learns from a wise man” As the great Confucius said. Wisdom is a fool, Norman that is, he made a very good living playing the fool, nobody made a penny playing Einstein as far as I know, it’s like the Oxford educated Donkey who couldn’t get a job, nobody likes a smart ass.

Anyone know if Robert Junior is on a break or what?

Talking about breaks, the wife bought a job lot of Kit Kats, loose in a bag with no wrappers on just a line of the finger biscuits, when I snapped one off to eat I automatically said "Middle of the Road" Just shows you the power of advertising, that old ad was still in me mind nearly forty years on.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

25-01-2017, 03:49 PM

Y'know...for some reason I genuinely can't fathom,I have three laptops on this desk. An Apple Pro,a Toshiba...and this Sony Vaio wot I is using.
Truthfully,I have no idea how come there are three laptops here...but then it got worse-I opened the top right draw....and there,staring at me,are FOUR mobile phones! An iphone 6s,a Nokia 3410,a Nokia 2061 and a Samsung SGH-G800. FFS! I have NO idea how long they've been there-last time I opened that draw,Noah was busy inventing the wheel or something. Wow.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-01-2017, 04:03 PM

Your spoiled for choice Pug me lad. Never had a mobile phone in me life, necessary for most people now I know, but thankfully not for me, once your number is out any gobshite can have access to you anytime they wish, in the old days the barman was your friend and when the missus rang the pub he'd say you weren't there, now the poor chaps have no excuse, ah the good old days.

Page 169 of 1676 « First < 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 669 1169 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top