Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 01:01 PM

Re: Taking your pension pot early

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I was made redundant 2008 i didn't receive much and found it hard going as i was living on my own, i got a Jobseekers allowance for a short while until i found a job that didn't pay a lot my money dwindle down i remembered i had a small frozen pension so i got intouch with the company and i recieved a lump some from it with a monthly payment. I've been recieving this for 5yrs now and i incur a little each year. So to me this has helped i deserve it i've worked for 45yrs!
you certainly do deserve it Sue! it's not much to ask after working all those years.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 01:13 PM

I don't retire until i'm 66yrs and i don't even get a bus pass till then either.. Where's all the money feeding the 5,000 i bet? We pay National Insurance until we drop. Surely that should cover what we've put into the system? We should be able to reap our benefits now!! Com'on England wake up!!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 01:22 PM

I'll get my bus pass at 60 and will work till I'm 66, ten years away. I'm taking one of my pensions now while I'm still alive and kicking
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
you certainly do deserve it Sue! it's not much to ask after working all those years.
Well that's what i thought too, we all deserve something at the end
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Well that's what i thought too, we all deserve something at the end
Just enjoy it Sue, many won't get to enjoy theirs so it's up to you to enjoy it for them too
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

09-04-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just enjoy it Sue, many won't get to enjoy theirs so it's up to you to enjoy it for them too
Hi Julie, many friends have past, so i suppose your right
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 07:02 PM

I have a BT pension-state pension and a couple of private pensions, so that together with Sue 's (my wife) pension we are actually better off than the last few years of kennel ownership.

No staff wages -no umpteen insurance policies-no licence fees - no maintainence costs- no replacement items to buy- no staff national insurance to pay (employers contribution)-no advertising costs-no large phone bills to pay -less water /electricity bills- gas by commercial tank fills to pay- no animal waste to pay for collection- no accountants bills.

Yes retirement suits us financially a lot better off

Thinking on it now, to even break even with owning a kennels one would be looking in the region of £35,000 minimum a year if not more for the size of ours

Retirement is great
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

09-04-2015, 07:32 PM

I'm all for living a wee bit for the day. By all means keep your long term pension going. Any others? Cash in and enjoy life while you can . The new pension rules have been a bonus for me. It's been a real turn up for the best.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 07:35 PM

When do we die? That is the question. I live off my savings,interest on my investments and a tiny civil service pension.

Should pay the bills for about 10 years then sod it

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top