Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 10:55 PM

Re: beware scam from China

I suppose there is no saying they would actually give you any refund, have you returned the trainers. They are obviously not what you wanted at all. I think maybe you should contact your bank anyway and tell them what happened and just to make them aware.
You may be covered in some way with your debit card, but I don't know.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 06:54 AM

It's a good idea to contact the bank they likely won't refund but in the event the company is a real con they could protect your bank account from any threats.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 07:13 AM

There's a browser extension called 'WOT' (Web Of Trust) that rates sites for safety, reliability, phishing and scams. A bit different to similar extensions because WOT relies not only on lists of phishing and malware sites but also on people actually visiting sites and assessing them. Not a service that couldn't possibly make a mistake but all in all, I think WOT does a good job and I've used it for years.

It rates search results and sites by the colour of an icon both next to search results and in the browser toolbar. A green icon is good - red is bad - yellow is unsatisfactory - grey is unknown. Click on the icon and further information will be given about the site being visited.

The site in question here gets an 'yellow' (unsatisfactory) rating. Click the 'View details and comments' link and this leads to comments about the site saying just the same as you have experienced.

If I'd been caught like this, I'd probably just put it down to experience because trying to recover the money wouldn't be worth the stress and hassle of doing so. Just a personal way of dealing with such things in life. I understand others who'd feel differently. For helping to protect future dealings on the Internet though, have a look at WOT.

https://www.mywot.com/

WOT can be installed from the WOT site or by going to Menu > Add-ons (extensions) for your browser and installing it from there.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2015, 11:15 AM

Thanks Mart, that's really interesting and worth knowing about.
I'm still waiting for some kind of refund!
I'm sending the same email almost every day to the sales manager but all is quiet now!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 11:39 PM

Had another email from Emily asking me to be patient!!!
I replied I'm a patient woman but I'm still waiting for my refund and I'd like it Soon!!

p.s. has Sue Arnold left?
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 02:11 PM

When ordering on line i always look at their "contact us" and ensure they have a UK premises address and a UK telephone number.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
There's a browser extension called 'WOT' (Web Of Trust) that rates sites for safety, reliability, phishing and scams. A bit different to similar extensions because WOT relies not only on lists of phishing and malware sites but also on people actually visiting sites and assessing them. Not a service that couldn't possibly make a mistake but all in all, I think WOT does a good job and I've used it for years.

It rates search results and sites by the colour of an icon both next to search results and in the browser toolbar. A green icon is good - red is bad - yellow is unsatisfactory - grey is unknown. Click on the icon and further information will be given about the site being visited.

The site in question here gets an 'yellow' (unsatisfactory) rating. Click the 'View details and comments' link and this leads to comments about the site saying just the same as you have experienced.

If I'd been caught like this, I'd probably just put it down to experience because trying to recover the money wouldn't be worth the stress and hassle of doing so. Just a personal way of dealing with such things in life. I understand others who'd feel differently. For helping to protect future dealings on the Internet though, have a look at WOT.

https://www.mywot.com/

WOT can be installed from the WOT site or by going to Menu > Add-ons (extensions) for your browser and installing it from there.
Beware the addon toolbar ...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...-tool/reviews/

Not a good idea me thinks .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

31-05-2015, 05:12 PM

Thought I'd just do an update here, since folk were kind enough to post their thoughts and advice...

Lessons learnt:

1. When you are sure you've been 'had' contact your bank immediately.
I didn't do this as I'm stupid and didn't think they would be able to help. Apparently had I done so they could have got my money back.
But only if I still had the fake Converse trainers I'd been sent.
They would have returned the trainers to Converse to confirm they were fakes. Then with this evidence they would have organised a full refund from the dodgy finance firm.
They can do this, heaven knows how!
Which leads me on to !esson2.

2. Keep the shoddy goods as evidence for the bank.
I didn't. More fool me.

Only a week ago when I eventually got fed up with Emily and her stupid requests for me to be patient (waiting for some kind of refund which is obvious now was never going to happen) I contacted my bank.
Even now, had I kept the fakes, the bank would have sent them to Converse for confirmation they were fakes (see above).
I stupidly gave them to a local table top sale!
No proof equals no refund.

So there you go...hard lessons learnt by me, and Emily is silent.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 07:04 PM

That's not so good for you but yes a tale we can all learn from.

I've just ordered some trainers from Amazon, hope all is ok, hopefully will be able to return them if any probs.
maraesa1
New Member!
United Kingdom
maraesa1 is female 

04-02-2016, 07:59 PM

Hi,

I'm Siobhan - the founder of the online retailer One Boutique London Ltd, and i've been getting lots of reports of fraud by customers of a fraudulent shoe company www.oneboutique.co.uk. These customers are desperately contacting us as we have a very similar domain name, and they are being ignored by the fraudsters.

These customers are paying for discount shoes and getting either nothing or counterfeit goods from china. The scammers run two duplicate websites and have stolen thousands of reviews from Amazon.
http://www.easypat.co.uk/
http://www.tdgbrands.co.uk/

fristpay.com turned up as their payment processor, hence my response to this thread.

Please do not buy from them, and if you have, please cancel your card immediately and do a chargeback.

There is a page on my website with more information - type in 'One Boutique Fraud' into google - it should be the first result.

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Wasn't sure where to post this...

Recently bought a pair of Converse ladies trainers from a website called dynamicdesign.co.uk and all seemed well and above board.
Emails all seemed fine and no reason to doubt anything at all.
Then from China I received a package containing a rubbish pair of plain black trainers!
I've contacted the original firm, called the helpline for two days, no answer, emailed the finance people who sent me a receipt....and today I googled the phone number to find it's a scam and I'm a prize mug.

Dozens of similar stories from ordinary folk like me who have been purchasing from the web for years with no problem.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c701056.html

Gutted.

The helpline (not!) is 02036483971
The scam firm is fristpay.com

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top