Join for free
Page 26 of 58 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2015, 10:29 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

Alas and alack
To put you on track
The groan was a moan
if truth be known
one thinks golly gosh
RJ writes such tosh

more tomorrow, when me be better in everyway.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 12:33 AM

Kimberley Rambles

the old town of Derby stood sombre on ANZAC day - many businesses of course being closed [particularly govt - they love to extract their pounds {dollars} of flesh] - you can drive down the main street from one end at which point you enter the town on the Broome Highway to the furthest or is that farthest end which is the 180 degree jetty or wharf as some prefer at which point without breaks [or is that brakes?] you will end up in a muddy stew!

Apart from dog patrol I must have remained indoors for most of the day until I remembered I was dangerously low on bourbon! On checking with my breathalyzer I could see that to venture out could be risky if not disasterous so whiled away an hr or two until within safe limits and dashed out approaching dusk [at which point I realized one of the headlights wasn't functioning] Amiss gloom and doom I drove off heading down Ashley St - Broome Hwy and Woolworths - CLOSED - dash - off down Loch St [the main drag] passed the cop shop [strangely closed and without lights -they must all be on hols - yippy] and down to Rockies Store with off license and general store. Fully functioning off license and home through the winding back streets to safety and a double bourbon!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 02:24 PM

half of our 180 degree jetty that you drive on and off and through if you wishh!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 07:42 PM

Thats some Jetty Gumbud, is there a bus service on it? I wouldn't fancy walking all the way down that, or do only cars use it?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

26-04-2015, 09:55 PM

well back in the old days there was a small train ran its length carrying mail bags from the ships and cattle to the the ships but people fish off it all through the season and catch some good stuff. This town has a history like the old wild west towns of America - hard workin, fightin and drinkin men and a few women who could match them too. I'll see if I can find some old shots
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 10:13 PM

Fair enough. Talking about the old days I wonder whatever happened to Parkers Tonic, the great health and strength restorer? Are you weary in brain and body? are you suffering from consumption, asthma, or coughs? well Parkers is your only man, one dose and you can look as healthy and happy as the stout chap in the picture. Just look at the smug face on him as the other poor geezer sits dying in the armchair, he doesn’t even offer him a glass of the stuff, all he says is “I was miserable as you until Parkers Tonic cured me, an occasional dose before eating keeps me well”
I see there’s a Parkers Hangover Cure on the market now,"Avoid intoxicants"? I wonder are they any relation. No good to me I have me own cure for that, I’d like to have a bottle of this original stuff that rejuvenates the blood.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

27-04-2015, 09:44 PM

And now for a bit of absurdity.

Plum pudding is nice but contains no plums
Worms can wiggly yet they have no bums
We turn up our noses to eating frogs
Yet we happily devour mustard on dogs

A pair of Chinese drivers were in a plight
When two wongs made a right.
Should have been left by all accounts do
But a hill of bean is all it amounts to

Doe is a dear and her sister as well
Still they went bad and ended in hell
Doctors differ and patients lie
And we’ll all live up to the time that we die

It takes all sorts to make up a world
Some very clever and others absurd
Put them together and what have we got
The mixture that makes God’s melting pot.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 10:12 PM

pardon?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-04-2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
pardon?
Ah Pug me ole mucker, your back.
You reminded me of something there Pug. When I was a kid and used to belch after one of my grannies wonderful dinners, I would say “pardon” and she would say back to me “Sorry we don’t pardon Pigs, we shoot them” I think she picked that one up from the Lord of the Manor when she worked as a parlour maid in Liverpool back in the early 1900’s

My favourite panelist? One would think a panel beater would be called a Panelist, or do they not have panel beaters anymore? reminds me of the Judge with no testicles, Justice John Thomas.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 02:21 PM

Now approaching 67 years of age I find that lots of things annoy me.
For example, today a huge lorry passed me brightly emblazoned with this message.

McCains for all your seed potatoes.

What the heck is that all about?

McCains make chips, don't they. I suppose they could grow their own potatoes for chipping, but why advertise distribution of seed potatoes.

There is a link in thast seed potatoes are selectively grown in Scotland, the low temperatures there inhibit the presence of bugs & pests.

McCain sounds like a Scottish name, but I just don't get it.

Another thingj. French Fries. It's a misnomer, while the unwashed French were gobbling down frogs legs, horses & snails the Belgians invented chips.
The French torment the Belgians limitless demand for them

And so on to cyclists bad road manners........................................... .....oops...door bbl

Page 26 of 58 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top