Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 08:11 PM

Re: Hearing gone

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Steve you have my sympathy but I do find it difficult to equate your health problems with your support of UKIP as Nigel Farage has told UKIP supporters on camera that the state-funded NHS should move towards an insurance-based system run by private companies. Something that must surely be worse for you than the current situation?
It will probably work in your favour Steve, there will be more money available in the NHS when Nige stops all the Health Tourism. But I do think it's wrong to hijack your interesting blog with political arguments. I'm sure that the NHS will do their best for you whoever you support. All the best Steve.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 08:44 PM

No OGF not trying to hijack the thread at all as someone who, like Steve, has a family member who has to rely on the NHS just asking how he equates the two as I find that difficult to do.

I leave the hijacking that you accuse me of to the likes of you.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It will probably work in your favour Steve, there will be more money available in the NHS when Nige stops all the Health Tourism. But I do think it's wrong to hijack your interesting blog with political arguments. I'm sure that the NHS will do their best for you whoever you support. All the best Steve.
I was thinking the same. Hijacking.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 10:26 PM

No Myra NOT hijacking as one who is concerned about the state of and the future of the NHS for personal family reasons I asked the question in all good faith.

Perhaps it is time for me to move on from this forum and seek a different and better one.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 10:36 PM

No Myra NOT hijacking as one who is concerned about the state of and the future of the NHS for personal family reasons I asked the question in all good faith.

Perhaps it is time for me to move on from this forum and seek a different and better one.
Fair enough VM, but I feel for Steve and his hearing difficulties and feel that mentioning politics won't help him.

I certainly do not think you have to move on. I'd be sorry if you did that.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 10:45 PM

In view of the fact that there is about to be an election and money is very relevant when there is expensive treatment needed it's extremely relevant unless I'm missing something here.
As for hi-jacking, I've seen plenty of that all over the place, but not on this thread.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

27-04-2015, 10:48 PM

Each to their own opinion.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 10:24 AM

No OGF not trying to hijack the thread at all as someone who, like Steve, has a family member who has to rely on the NHS just asking how he equates the two as I find that difficult to do.

I leave the hijacking that you accuse me of to the likes of you.
Sorry Victors Mate, you are absolutely right, It was I who have hijacked the thread, I should have allowed Steve to answer on his own behalf. A case of; fingers typing before brain engaged. I do hope you don't leave the forum, I have enjoyed your contributions both on here, and previous sites we have shared. I do not put politics before friendship, and I value yours, even though we don't always agree. I look forward to continue reading your comments and blogs on this site, it is, and remains, one of the best sites for us more mature members of the public. I also apologise to Steve for going off topic.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

28-04-2015, 12:50 PM

Very gracious of you to apologise Robert.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry Victors Mate, you are absolutely right, It was I who have hijacked the thread, I should have allowed Steve to answer on his own behalf. A case of; fingers typing before brain engaged. I do hope you don't leave the forum, I have enjoyed your contributions both on here, and previous sites we have shared. I do not put politics before friendship, and I value yours, even though we don't always agree. I look forward to continue reading your comments and blogs on this site, it is, and remains, one of the best sites for us more mature members of the public. I also apologise to Steve for going off topic.

I hope he doesn't leave too, he's a decent bloke, as you say we all have different views and anything to do with politics is a recipe for disagreements, I suppose it boils down to having respect for the person and allowing them their POV.
It's easy for things to creep into threads and when the NHS Is part of the conversation, current politics follow hot on its heels.

Anyway fair dues to you for your post.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top