Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 10:50 AM

Re: Dead Men Walking

Despite constant and regular pleas for mercy from the Australian govt, their families and lawyers there seems no doubt that the Indonesian govt will carry out the murder of these two men around midnight Indonesian time. They have even been denied spiritual representation at their murder.

There is also no doubt that the newly elected President of Indonesia is struggling to maintain popularity amongst his own peoples. Despite there being a compelling case of bribery suggested on the parts of the Indonesian judges months ago this is being ignored.

For your lack of compassion Mr President you will be remembered - you have no compassion in your heart IMO and are not worthy to be a President
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 11:08 AM

And how much compassion do Chan and Sukumaran have in their hearts?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 11:09 AM

They went to a country where they knew this could be the punishment and tried to smuggle over 1lbs of drugs ? I am anti the death penalty but if you go to a country that has it you cannot bleat when you are sentenced if you have done the crime.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not just directed at Bruce, it's aimed at all the contributors. How would you place the list in order of 'Badness'
Murderers:- Taking someones life must be the ultimate crime.
Drug Smugglers:- Still taking away life, albeit indirectly.
Paedophiles:- Interfering with the future lives of children. Death Penalty?
Rapists with violence:- Very Serious, long prison term, but not death penalty?
Rapists without violence:- Sometimes hard to prove. Long prison term if proved beyond doubt.
What do you think?
I think it has to be judged case by case and I am not in favour of death for anyone, I would however be in favour of whole life terms with no chance of getting out.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 11:51 AM

How precious is life?
Who's life is worth more? The innocent or the guilty , the rich or the poor , the educated or the ignorent? What about Evil and educated or poor and innocent or rich and ignorent?? How do we judge?

Do we allow criminals to live but allow their victims to perish because they cant afford health care?

Do we spend money on high tech jails and feed killers but allow innocent people in third world countries to starve to death?

Do we protect peadophiles from the world or do we protect the world from them?

Is it more compassionate to lock a man in a tiny cell for the rest of life with no hope of release than to end his life painlessly and spare his victims and family the torture of his presence on this earth?

Compassion is a huge word ..It has many forms and differs from person to person. What one person finds compassionate another might find intolerable.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 12:03 PM

Aren't they drugs traffickers? I don't call it murder, I call it justice, and a deterrent. There should be more of it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 12:09 PM

Good post Cass, Nothing is black and white is it.....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 12:45 PM

What a wonderful post Cass, with huge insight.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Aren't they drugs traffickers? I don't call it murder, I call it justice, and a deterrent. There should be more of it

Well said it was an emotive title anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32491980
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 12:55 PM

They knew the risks.........

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top