Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 12:04 PM

An Idiots Guide To Wumming

An Idiots Guide To Wumming

To become a WUM (wind up merchant) isn't as easy as people think. There is quite a lot to consider if you really want to pull it off expertly, there is though a rock solid principle to adhere to at all times ...

ALWAYS CONSIDER YOURSELF GODLIKE
(superior in other words)

The above adopted trait is essential to set the scene.

Why do people react in such a manner (nastily) and why is it they bother to reply in the first place?

This is because each reply a WUM makes needs to have an 'air' about it - you are appearing lofty, condescending etc. They must reply as you are infuriating them - attacking them in a way that they have to defend themselves from else they will go kick the cat or something. A seasoned WUM can keep a thread going indefinitely and fill it up with many posts faster than any other.

Can a thread be derailed?

Yes, but only by another WUM. He or she could steal your thunder so you must be on your guard. A seasoned, battle hardened, veteran WUM can easily overcome a WUM trainee.

Why become a WUM?

Good point - why indeed? Number of reasons that would satisfy this - boredom, devilment, a graving for attention, being mentally unbalanced, having too much time on your hands and many others. Still to pull it off successfully takes dedication and application to the cause - skills have to be learned.

An example WUM thread ...

I believe in God

Seems fair enough many do but in this instance you don't. Odd, why would a WUM start such a thread then? Well, this is perfect platform to launch an offensive from. Because you don't believe in God you don't have to be specific with regard to your replies - you can be as bonkers as you want because you don't believe anything you say on the matter anyway - just pure garbage can be posted as you don't mean a word of it, so instead of wracking your brains trying to be all intellectual like you just keep the thread going by being as outrageous as possible. With such an emotive subject matter you will not be void of takers either.

Hope the above tips are of use to any aspiring WUM.

There is more ...
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 12:11 PM

Re: An Idiots Guide To Wumming

I know one person they will be useful for.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 12:12 PM

Nice to see Idiots can write guides.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 12:26 PM

You have alot on your mind, sir. Your threads are always very educating. Not like mine, that really serve no purpose. Simply to glorify my lost soul.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
You have alot on your mind, sir. Your threads are always very educating. Not like mine, that really serve no purpose. Simply to glorify my lost soul.
At least you have a goal .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 12:35 PM

Some WUM just like to create a bit of drama, they don't lead very interesting lives I fear so go on forums to redress the balance. Some have a personality disorder.

I have seen them all over the years from a supposed 'Russian Princess' living in Bristol to a person who had every condition know to medicine and all at the same time .

Mark I fear you are a novice when it comes to WUMs
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

01-12-2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Some WUM just like to create a bit of drama, they don't lead very interesting lives I fear so go on forums to redress the balance. Some have a personality disorder.

I have seen them all over the years from a supposed 'Russian Princess' living in Bristol to a person who had every condition know to medicine and all at the same time .

Mark I fear you are a novice when it comes to WUMs
I'm not a WUM anymore. I have given pursuing such a pastime. Still, I would like to pass on my expertise to others.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 01:26 PM

Yawn ....................................
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I'm not a WUM anymore. I have given pursuing such a pastime. Still, I would like to pass on my expertise to others.
I am sure those who indulge in such things don't need any help they can manage quite well on their own Mark

I have observed a new species of WUMs in the world of late, they are called NAMTTPSIWSY's
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2015, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am sure those who indulge in such things don't need any help they can manage quite well on their own Mark

I have observed a new species of WUMs in the world of late, they are called NAMTTPSIWSY's

Ohwa ................I wanna know what that means ..........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top